• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Smoking Banned in Va!

It's not looking good for Texas this year either. The anti-smoka-nistas have already begun their blitz of radio ads condemning smokers, chemicals, and touting employees' rights blah blah blah. They've even solicited the God-like Lance Armstrong to speak for them. Our legislators only meet every other year and I'm guessing this is the year we go down.

Harumph!!

:angry:

Sucks that VA went down. But looking at the map that was linked it seems a large number of states let the cities do whatever they please. Of course, most cities ban it. I have outside to smoke here as it has been banned by my city or drive an hour or so to smoke inside. :angry:

In California they are running TV commercials with the grim reaper, skeletons, and other symbols of death. They are sponsored by a group for "A Smoke Free California". That is after all the ultimate goal of all the bans and taxes.

Makes me sick. :angry:

Va. Senate Committee Approves Smoking Ban

Associated Press
Thursday, January 29, 2009; 1:10 PM

A Senate committee has passed legislation that would ban smoking in restaurants and most public buildings.

If those bills hit a snag, the Senate Education and Health Committee also passed bills to allow localities to enact their own smoking bans. All the bills passed by 11-3 votes Thursday.

Gov. Tim Kaine has advocated for a ban on smoking in all restaurants, saying that the government must protect residents from unhealthy secondhand smoke. Opponents say the government has no right to make decisions for private businesses and that a smoking ban could further damage businesses already crippled from a crumbling economy.

Similar bills have passed the Senate before but were killed in subcommittee in the Republican-controlled House.
edited for ignorance. This sucks?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOO!!!!

This sucks.