• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Smoking in Dallas?

I'm going to be at the Adolphus Hotel on Commerce in downtown Dallas the 21-25 of this month---it's a weeklong training for work, and I'm with a group of other trainees, so I don't know how much free time I'll have or how far from the training site I'll be able to venture.

What I would like to know is if there are any good B&Ms or cigar lounges nearby, and if you can still smoke in Dallas bars---last time I stayed there, we spent a lot of time at the City Bar behind the Adolphus and I was able to have my nightly cigar there. I'm hoping that's still the case. :)

And yes, I know . . . that IS a really nice damn hotel for a bunch of teachers! :cool:

~Boar

I think dallas now has a smoking ban. The best people on here to PM about thus would be rebelherfer, Greg svt, and mowee. They could all
let you know of any good smoking places.
B

It took quite a few different searches to bring it up for some reason, but apparently they've had a smoking ban in place since April '09. :(

Can't seem to find any cigar shops/smoking lounges near the Adolphus, either. It's gonna be a loooooong week if there's no place to have a cigar!

~Boar

It took quite a few different searches to bring it up for some reason, but apparently they've had a smoking ban in place since April '09. :(

Can't seem to find any cigar shops/smoking lounges near the Adolphus, either. It's gonna be a loooooong week if there's no place to have a cigar!

~Boar

There's a real nice place right across from the W (downtown). I forget the name of it, but it is in a very modern shopping area (there's a giant outdoor video screen across from it). It's a smaller place, real nice cigars. Good Fuente selection. Maybe a little pricey. I think they had a bar as well.

Also, I don't know about smoking in bars, but plenty of places had nice patios outside.

If you're a microbrew guy, good luck.

Here's the place:

http://www.havanasocialclub.net/

I would look no further.

Here's the place:

http://www.havanasocialclub.net/

I would look no further.

That is one of the only places you can smoke near Downtown that I know of. They are a bit high in prices and if you bring your own cigars they will charge you $15 to smoke them. I haven't smoked there in a year or so but I doubt it has changed...might call and ask before you go. They have a decent selection so you might want to just buy there. The scotch, rum, and bourbon selection is nice as well.

Let me know if you want to meet up there and I can probaby show up for a stogie and see if any of the other Dallas crew want to come as well.

Well, to tell you the truth, between the weeklong AVID training and being the minivan driver for a bunch of 'schoolmarms' I'm just not sure what my schedule's gonna look like. Probably the best I'll be able to manage is making sure that wherever we go for drinks after dinner has a patio for me to smoke on. :rolleyes:

Could be wrong. Some of these gals, you get 'em outta town and away from the kiddos and hooo, buddy! :laugh:

~Boar

Dallas native. Wish I was home to smoke one with you. Two Brothers in Plano was a good time a year or so ago. Several CPers in that area.

Trey

We all go to Addison to smoke, you can still smoke in bars and restaurants there. Let me know when you'll be available, shoot me a PM.

Thanks, but I know I definitely won't have time or a chance to get out into the 'burbs. Aside from the tight schedule and having to chauffer the team around, driving in Dallas freaks me out! :laugh:

I dunno how y'all do it. I thought Houston was bad!

~Boar

Ya, I drive an hour and a half both ways to and from work... Dallas traffic sucks, even though Chicago I would say is worse.

I do not live in Dallas I reside in Fort Worth. I am not sure if your using your cellphone or a laptop, but did a little searching for you on google in the Dallas area. I checked the websites to make sure they are not smoke shops of the wacky tabacky type but actually dealt in cigars.

Pipedream Cigar & Tobacco
2416 W Ledbetter Dr,
Dallas, TX.
Tel: 214-339-7977

Dallas Cigar
6162 Greenville Avenue
Dallas, TX 75206
(214) 373-9993

Up in Smoke
2222 McKinney Avenue
Dallas, TX 75201-1941
(214) 855-1234

City Cigars
3001 Knox Street
Dallas, TX 75205-5592
(214) 528-5700

I tried to look up cigar lounges for you, I dont think there is any in Dallas. Maybe the owners of the lounges were big Cowboys fans and moved out when the team did. Hopefully this will help a little thou

Rich