• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Smoking in the car

beyond the band

cantankerous newb
Here is a quote from Bahianut from another thread...

I'm the only one who ever uses it. It is a commute only type car, once in a while pick one of the kids up from daycare, but we always travel as a family in our other car. Actually I'm not sure she realizes how much I smoke in it, but it really doesn't stink. I've got a routine on when I light, smoke and can keep most of the smell outside the car. It helps that I always have my window cracked even when not smoking so lots of fresh air helps!

That got me thinking.

I smoke 2 to 3 a week in the car. I commute most times for at least 90 min.
I have some apple scented spray and a small bottle of Fabreeze. Seems to work OK but not 100 percent.
I have tried both front windows down and just the driver side down and it seems to get too windy.
What seems to work the best for me:

I crack the driver side window while smoking. then when I finish I have a fast food cup of some sort in there always. (I have an addiction to plain iced tea) I save a little liquid in the cup. I drop the butt in there and put the lid on. (wont throw it out for obvious reasons)
Then I roll the window up and roll the passenger window all the way down for the rest of the commute.

When I get home I chuck the cup, then I roll both windows down and spray both sprays and leave them down until I go to bed.
Most times it works fine but sometimes the next morning when I take my kids to school they yell at me.

What do y'all do?

I only let other smokers ride in my car... seems to keep the complaints down. :D

I only let other smokers ride in my car... seems to keep the complaints down. :D

I agree, I have my own RIDE. I keep it clean, as best I can. TO MY LIKING.

YOU can ride with me or not.

I DO NOT TELL OTHERS HOW THEY SHOULD DO.

I am too old to be told in return.

If they do not like these simple " Jay Laws" WALK.

LOL.

Here is a quote from Bahianut from another thread...

I'm the only one who ever uses it. It is a commute only type car, once in a while pick one of the kids up from daycare, but we always travel as a family in our other car. Actually I'm not sure she realizes how much I smoke in it, but it really doesn't stink. I've got a routine on when I light, smoke and can keep most of the smell outside the car. It helps that I always have my window cracked even when not smoking so lots of fresh air helps!

That got me thinking.

I smoke 2 to 3 a week in the car. I commute most times for at least 90 min.
I have some apple scented spray and a small bottle of Fabreeze. Seems to work OK but not 100 percent.
I have tried both front windows down and just the driver side down and it seems to get too windy.
What seems to work the best for me:

I crack the driver side window while smoking. then when I finish I have a fast food cup of some sort in there always. (I have an addiction to plain iced tea) I save a little liquid in the cup. I drop the butt in there and put the lid on. (wont throw it out for obvious reasons)
Then I roll the window up and roll the passenger window all the way down for the rest of the commute.

When I get home I chuck the cup, then I roll both windows down and spray both sprays and leave them down until I go to bed.
Most times it works fine but sometimes the next morning when I take my kids to school they yell at me.

What do y'all do?

Make sure you have your vents opened and not on recirculate while smoking.

I have those rain vents on my rides. When I get home I leave the windows cracked and it airs out pretty well via mother nature.

I also smoke on the way to work. I put the vent fan on medium and crack the driver window and driver side rear window. This causes the smoke to travel out both windows. I also use a scented car thingie and roll the windows down all the way about 2 blocks from work.
Once a week I spray in the front floor board so the vent air circulates the staleness from the air and out the windows---\

Hopefully this will help!I don't have youghins' around anymore but still do this---Form of Habit I guess!

I use an ionizing are purifier that plugs into the cig lighter, it works pretty well cause i still get power to the lighter when the car is turned off, but it does not help 100%, I also smoke with the window cracked. I think i will try adding the fabric softener sheets under the seat for a little extra help.

I never seem to have an issue with a lingering smell?

dirtydoorless1.jpg

These things help, though not 100%
http://www.citrusmagic.com/cgi-bin/categor...?item=616471279

And this is awesome stuff too. Very powerful.
http://www.lysol.com/solutionsfinder_na.shtml

It seems as though nothing gets 100% of it out. but if you follow marks guide, and get a few other items that help a little more, it will add up and make it smell nicer. I use both of these in a room in my garage and it helps. Get a few of the citrus magic disks. They're great.

Then of course theres this, but it's a little more expensive. it's the csonka smoker cloaker.
http://www.cigarmony.com/index.asp?PageAct...D&ProdID=35
http://www.cigarmony.com/index.asp?PageAct...D&ProdID=34

Theres also the Pure Ayre odor eliminator. I haven't tried it but it seems to work great.
http://www.cigarmony.com/index.asp?PageAct...&ProdID=254

I never seem to have an issue with a lingering smell?

dirtydoorless1.jpg

What about he Winter Month's----HaH!

It IS winter here in vegas...

but if ya wanna get technical...She's got doors...
IMG_7467.jpg

and a "real" top...
IMG_7161.jpg

The weather may change daily, so can my girl.

However, I dont smoke inside when it's entirely closed up, maybe if i took off the seat covers and went back to vinyl seats...

When I do, I crack the driver window and turn the air on, venting to the floor. All the smoke is pulled out.

I smoke quite a bit in my Car. One on the way into work. One on the way home.
I just crack a window. I'm pretty hard core cigar smoker so if someone doesnt like the smell, they don't have to ride. My wife has never said anything. If she did, I would then try something.

Maybe it keeps the teives away? One good whiff, and they're gone!