• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Smoking Jacket?

So my plan is to go down to Goodwill and pick up an old tweed sport coat. It'll be an outside only jacket, but something that will carry the scent of the cigars I smoke. Like an aroma trophy so to say.

Not a traditional smoking jacket, but I wear my olive green german (para?)military jacket that just feels right. It's cozy and takes smokes well, and I never wear it otherwise unless it's freezing.

So my plan is to go down to Goodwill and pick up an old tweed sport coat. It'll be an outside only jacket, but something that will carry the scent of the cigars I smoke. Like an aroma trophy so to say.
Similiar to me. Except I have a leather jacket with tweed elbows.

I thought the whole point of a traditional smoking jacket was to prevent smoke from getting on your clothes and not maintain the smell?

I thought the whole point of a traditional smoking jacket was to prevent smoke from getting on your clothes and not maintain the smell?
This is true. By wearing a jacket, my clothes should be protected. The jacket itself would catch fallen ash and retain the smell, not my clothes.

Similiar to me. Except I have a leather jacket with tweed elbows.

311593.jpg

This is true. By wearing a jacket, my clothes should be protected. The jacket itself would catch fallen ash and retain the smell, not my clothes.

You don't mean "retain" in such a way that you want to capture the smell on the jacket to enjoy that smell next time you wear it, right?

Seems like the jacket would smell like an old pool hall or ashtray after a stick or two.

Seems like the jacket would smell like an old pool hall or ashtray after a stick or two.
Back when they were used a lot, people hung their clothes outside. We used to "air out" lotsa clothes.

You don't mean "retain" in such a way that you want to capture the smell on the jacket to enjoy that smell next time you wear it, right?

I'm hoping that by leaving the jacket outside to "air out" it won't smell too bad. I do realize that it's not going to smell like a bouquet of flowers either.

The only thing I won't smoke in is anything that's not washable with scented detergent. I had a nice gore tex jacket I smoked in once and you have to use special non scented cleaner so it doesn't ruin the gore tex. It always stunk.

Last edited:
I remember reading about Betabrands reverable smoking jackets years ago. A bit too hip for me. However, they do advertise they are made with six "flask-sized" pockets so you'd be prepared for anything.
silver_tongue_smoking_jacket_17_1.jpg