• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Smoking Room and Walk-in Humidor

toliver

I have a huge basement and my dream is to build a smoking room and walk in humidor some day. I hope someday to have a collection of smokes, like some of the BOTL's here, that I can age a $6 stick for 5 years.

My question is this:

What does your smoking room and walk-in humidor look like? Post pics, if you have them. Discribe it as best as you can. Does it have vents?

Thanks,
T.O.

When I build a house, it will have a smoking room/humidor. I have a smoking closet, but all it has are my coolers, not much room to smoke.

Right now I only have a smoking "folding chair" on my back porch! Not much use in the winter and awful hot in the summer. BUT, I am interested to see pictures too because I plan on building one when we buy a home in the next several years.

When I finally get a house, it will have a recreation room. I won't have a walk-in, but it will have a large cabinet humidor. It will also have a nice couch, chairs, tv, pool table, and bar. Now all I need to do is settle down and get a house.

I have a very comfortabe smoking chair, black leather, and a great smoking room too!!..................at my local tobacconist!

building smoking room now put windows in my terrace wich had a roof already now gonna hang paneling and put in hardwood floor.It was a huge investment. it opens off of my kitchen and sits over the top of garage. will try to post pics when done.

Yeah I have a smoking room available to me too. It also comes with a locker humidor with a personalized engraved brass plate on it. Big screen, leather sectional, the works. Problem is it's 80 bucks a month to use it at my local shop!!!

Jason

Mine is a 96 Mercury Grand Marquis. I just have to warm it up in the winter. It has reclining leather chairs, radio, glove box (humidor), intimate lighting. BTW, it's BYOB.

Shibumi said:
...I just have to warm it up in the winter. It has reclining leather chairs, radio, glove box (humidor), intimate lighting. BTW, it's BYOB.
[snapback]274659[/snapback]​

LOL, I caught myself doing this the other evening after returning some videos.

You're asking two questions and expecting one answer :rolleyes:

I have a finished basement that I smoke cigars in but no walk-in humidor. I'd be willing to bet that 95% of those with smoking rooms also DO NOT have a walk-in humidor.

No, I don't have "vents" I use hepafilters.

In my case, pictures won't do you much good. It's a finished basement approximately 26' x 30' with a tile floor, sheetrock walls and a suspended ceiling.

My home is my smoking room.

I find it very hard to relate to you, outside only, smokers. But, hey, there must be a reason.

Enjoy.

my smoking room is my home office, 2nd floor of home. I have a honeywell jet fan, a ionizer and I open the window. If I ever built a walk in humidor I can almost guarantee my wife would bury me in it!

MidGe said:

I find it very hard to relate to you, outside only, smokers. But, hey, there must be a reason.

Enjoy.
[snapback]274792[/snapback]​

My wife smokes almost a pack of cigarettes a day, we made a rule she could only smoke outside on the balcony when we moved to our new apartment. So now I can only smoke my cigars out there as well.

"Whats good for the goose is good for the gander."

MidGe said:

I find it very hard to relate to you, outside only, smokers.  But, hey, there must be a reason.

Enjoy.

LMAO!!! I too find this rather silly.

Thirty years ago, no one here (in the USA) thought twice about smoking indoors. Funny thing was I didn't smoke and it never bothered me and I never whined and bitched about it or wanted the government to pass smoking bans :rolleyes:

My parents both smoked in the house when I was a kid and I would imagine that tens of millions of children throughout history had the same exposure that I did, what's the big freakin' deal?

It totally shocks me that mankind ever made it this far without smoking bans.

Simply amazing......

MidGe said:

Enjoy.

I chose not to smoke inside, I'd rather not have my furniture or my wife smelling like cigar smoke. I do smoke in my car to work every morning.

Matty_Vegas said:
whats a basement??
[snapback]274852[/snapback]​
Are you serious? I find it kinda hard to imagine that you've never seen the concept of a "basement" on television or in the movies at some point in your life but I may be wrong and will assume that your question is a legitimate one :rolleyes: so here goes:

When you build a house, you need to put it on a FOUNDATION of some sort. You dig a BIG HOLE, usually about eight to ten feet deep and construct a foundation, usually out of concrete. The concrete walls are typically 8 feet high and 8" to 12" thick. Then you back fill (that means take the soil or fill and fill in around the concrete walls) around the foundation leaving you with somthing to build your house on. :laugh:

Now, the BIG HOLE in the middle is called a "basement" and usually has a concrete floor, you have heard of concrete, right? Typically what most builders do is construct a flight of stairs from the first floor of the house down to the "basement" which is a full room under the entire building. The basement typically contains your furnace, and oil tank, water pump/pressure tank, your main electrical panel. Now these things typically don't take up all the room in the basement so what people have been known to do is "finish" the basement meaning that they construct walls and turn it into another room for their house.

If my explanation wasn't through enough, try google......

bfreebern said:
I wish we could have basements here.
[snapback]274868[/snapback]​

We just have houses buried in half mounds of dirt instead. :sign: That mess still cracks me up everytime I see one of them. :whistling: