• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Smokyballs

It was nice to see friends again and meet some of you other guys for the first time in person. I had a great time and way too many smokes. :)

index.php

Front row: Smokyballs, swissy, idahogon, stevehawk
Second row: mmburtch, Tone-NY, Thehatguy, Blue Dragon, Opusxkc, Matt (don't know handle)
Third row: BSneed, DePasta, MoeCizlak, MuMike, Zman
Way back: Ketch22, JHolmes, Outlawsp
Not there at picture time: Jhawk, OutlawD

index.php

Second row: mmburtch, Tone-NY, Thehatguy, Blue Dragon, Opusxkc, Matt (don't know handle)
Very cool! Thank you.

Now that is a motley looking crew. Great to see memories and friendships.

index.php

So many great guys in this photo.

So,I have been having back problems since before Christmas. Was feeling ok for a bit but I started having issues getting up without having pain in my lower back. It started getting really bad at the first of last week. I had an appointment setup for my own doctor on Thursday. By Wednesday i couldn't take it anymore. Sarah took me out to the Er. They did doplar/ultrasound tests on my legs. They did an xray on my back. They did blood work. They determined that I was having an issue with either my sciatica or arthritis. They gave me a new prescription for muscle spasms and sent me home in the same pain as I came in. We went home and I suffered through the evening. Thursday we got up and I was still worse. Every step was murder. We got to the doctors office. My doctor just about lost it when he saw me. My heart rate was at 180. He offered me an ambulance ride or wife ride to the hospital. We got out and got admitted. The heart rate was the way it was because of the pain. They got things under control. They did an MRI on Friday morning. A doctor I didn't know came in and started talking to me. My cancer has moved into my bones. I now have a lesion on my T12 vertebrae. I have a fracture in my L4 vertebrae. So, on Monday they are going to start radiation treatment on those spots. I will probably some other treatment for the fracture but I won't know about that until Monday as well. I probably won't go home until we get pain management under control that doesn't need IV meds. Getting out of bed and to the bathroom is rough (I don't do that by myself). The pain comes from the lower part of my body pulling down from the upper part. So, I'm only in pain when I'm standing without support or sitting without my legs up. Of course, after getting it takes a while for the pain to subside. I will update Monday evening after we find out more about further treatment. This really sucks but I'm still in positive spirits. #FUCKCANCER

Brad, ask your Doctor to look into Dermatran Lotion. A compounded lotion that does wonders with certain types of pain. Hopefully, your insurance will cover it. I was on massive doses of pain meds, and the lotion was infinitely more effective, often completely knocking out the pain.

Sorry to hear of his development. Being in pain sucks, as it should go without saying. Keeping you in our thoughts, Brad. Hang in there. :(