• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Snap is fighting the good fight...

punk_lawyer

Habeas Punkus
Snap, our beagle / yellow lab mixed dog, had to take to the road today. From what I understand she was under attack from a stray dog that was double her size. This dog had also bitten a lady who lives a street over. Animal control is looking to handle that problem.

I suppose that you could say that the saying 'it's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog' only goes so far. Any way, Snap decided to use speed instead of strength. Unfortunately she ran head long into the bumper of a moving car. Lots of blood loss, a wicked case of road rash, a weird looking leg and potential internal injuries. She is hanging out in the local emergency veterinary hospital as we speak. The x-rays do not show a broken leg which is astounding because we could see the bone. The tests on a potential ruptured spleen are where the problem lies right now. She has some fluid in her abdomen that is not good. She is sedated to relieve the pain right now and we have to wait and see what happens through the night.

Snap is a good dog who is well loved by my kids. She is one of our good pets that does not have a habit of urinating on me. Keep her in your thoughts for me...

So hard when a family member gets hurt like that. Sorry to hear it, Stu, and I hope she recovers.

Really sorry to hear about Snap like this Stu. I will be keeping her in my thoughts and hoping for the best.

Sorry to hear that Stu. Hope she makes a speedy recovery.

Sorry to hear this, Stu. I'll keep snap in my best thoughts.

Sorry to hear Stu, hoping she makes it through okay and heals quick!

Good thoughts your way for Snap. With five little mutts of our own, we know well how quickly they become family......

All the best to your family. I hope Snap is home as quickly as possible.

Sorry to hear about Snap.

I hope she recovers well.

Keep us posted.

G-

Best wishes for her recovery, Stu.

Any repercussions for the owner of the other dog, given that dogs apparent history of aggresion?

Been keeping Snap in our thoughts. How is she doing?

Hoping that she is recovering.

I pray for comfort for you, your family, and most of all Snap as you all go through this with her. Positive thoughts sent for her, Stu.

***UPDATE*** My wife picked up Snap from the emergency clinic this morning. Our emergency clinic only keeps them for one night so Snap had to be picked up today. The Emergency vet drew off the blood in her abdomen and her blood test levels look fairly strong. That likely means that there is no ruptured spleen but there have to be additional tests to make sure of that. Despite the x-rays to the contrary, Snap may still have a broken leg. Her leg is badly swollen and looks sort of like a baseball bat. She is badly hurt for sure.

We will be taking her to our regular vet today. They will coordinate her care long term. All things considered, she had a decent night.

As far as the offending attack dog, I will follow up with animal control today to see what they have been able to do. I haven't heard anything yet.

I hope Snap makes a full and speedy recovery Stu. If you need contact info on some people who will do what Animal Control won't, let me know.