• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Snap is fighting the good fight...

***UPDATE*** My wife picked up Snap from the emergency clinic this morning. Our emergency clinic only keeps them for one night so Snap had to be picked up today. The Emergency vet drew off the blood in her abdomen and her blood test levels look fairly strong. That likely means that there is no ruptured spleen but there have to be additional tests to make sure of that. Despite the x-rays to the contrary, Snap may still have a broken leg. Her leg is badly swollen and looks sort of like a baseball bat. She is badly hurt for sure.

We will be taking her to our regular vet today. They will coordinate her care long term. All things considered, she had a decent night.

As far as the offending attack dog, I will follow up with animal control today to see what they have been able to do. I haven't heard anything yet.

You know in Kentucky, those type of dogs that go after children, pets, horses, and livestock often disappear and are never heard from again.......best of luck to you, hope the dog fully recovers...

Sorry to hear about this Stu!

Glad to hear that things are looking up today. Will keep Snap in our thoughts.

You know in Kentucky, those type of dogs that go after children, pets, horses, and livestock often disappear and are never heard from again.......best of luck to you, hope the dog fully recovers...
Around these parts, that's referred to as "....shoot, shovel, and shut up...."....:whistling:

Hoping for the best for Snap...B.B.S.

Stu,

Glad to hear she made it through the night and things are looking up. We will keep her in our thoughts as well as you and your family.

Very sorry to hear, Stu. Praying for a speedy recovery!

Sorry to hear this, bud. Dogs are as much a part of the family as everyone else. Hope everything goes well and a speedy recovery to Snap.

Glad to hear the status of your dog is looking up. I hope everything is working out with your kids, I could only imagine how that situation would be. Good luck brother!!

***SECOND UPDATE***

Snap has made it home. She has a cast on her right rear leg but the vets believe that we are out of the woods on internal bleeding. She has been beaten up pretty badly. Her leg is likely going to be a continuous problem but only time will tell. She has torn ligaments all through the leg so there is a question as to how this will heal and what kind of permanent damage will be done. Pain meds will keep her settled down while she heals. We are thankful that she is going to make it and that she is going to be the cool dog we have grown to know.

Animal control has not been able to locate the dog that attacked her. Plenty of the neighbors are vowing a bit of vigilante justice against the beast. I wouldn't be shocked if someone has already 'taken care' of the issue.

Thanks for the thoughts, everyone!

Thanks for the update Stu. Glad to hear she is back home with her family. We will keep her in our thoughts for a speedy and full recovery.

Glad to hear she's home with her family, Stu.

One thing great about dogs IMO is they don't feel sorry for themselves such as humans do. If I can share a tidbit of my life, my littlest dog, a 6 lb. mixed Chihuahua broke her left left in 3 places in her first year. Even with a cast on she would run all over the house, sliding around corners. She even learned to sleep on her back to keep the cast upright in the air. She now walks with a limp when I take her and the other dog for excercise. Eventually, she will get arthritis, but I'll just carry her wherever I go. It's the least I can do for her unconditional love she gives to the family.

Keep us updated once the cast comes off.

Yes, glad to hear she is back where she belongs. :)

Glad to hear she is home Stu and that she is out of the woods on life threatening conditions.