• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

So Double D bought himself a pipe...

Wurm

Bratwurst and Beer
Yeah he surprised me by having a cheapie Dr. Grabow in his mouth the last time I was over...

He didn't look like he was too impressed with it. :sign:

So I'm leaving up to you brothers to help him find his way into the wonderful world of pipes. I used to smoke a pipe almost everyday when I was a construction worker, but other than dropping in a few filter crytals before packing a bowl and using a tool, I have no idea how to tell him to get started.

Shawn

Dang Dale, you got to do better than that CHEAPO Pipe if you really want to enjoy pipe smoking. What are you burning?

He pm'd me for advice. He didn't take any of it. :laugh: The last I heard, he was smoking some nasty aromatics.

Doc.

Thats Dale for you LOL

Captain Black FTW!

Hey Double D, get yourself a Boswell Churchwarden and some Frog Morton on the Town. That's been my favorite combination lately anyway. The English blends took me a little time to develop a taste for but now I love them! Maybe just try a good straight Virginia, it would be less of a shock after smoking aro's, and they can be quite good, my preferred morning to noon time tobaccy.

P.S- I've heard some Dr. Grabow's are good smokers, you never know. And blowing a bunch of cash doesn't guarantee a good pipe I've also heard.

-mark

doc I did take your advice the only pipe I could find in the px was a dr. grabow. As for tobacco I bought what was available IE borkum riff. Shawn if i wanted the world to know I would have posted here. Doc your advice was sound and thank you for it. The reason I was being quiet was i was trying to decide if i wanted to do it or not.

Sorry, Dale. I was just yanking your chain. I didn't realize it might annoy you.

Doc.

Pffffftttt!

You want to do it, your one of those guys who looks good with a piece of wood stuck in his jaw :sign:

I just wanted to make sure you do it right. :thumbs:

Pipes are a pleasure if you get a good one and find a tobacco that fits your taste.

Doc you never annoy me I had just got back from guiding hunts in cz and was going on like 6hrs sleep for 3 days when i posted. Please excuse the slight abrasiveness of that post. I had been trying to sleep and i kept getting phone call after phone call.

You can get a fine smoke from a Dr. Grabow pipe. I have many times. There are some folks out there (well respected pipe smokers even) that collect Dr. Grabows and smoke them often. They make a fine inexpensive briar pipe.

It's likely the Borkum Riff that is causing the unpleasantness. I find it truly wretched.

Don't give up yet. Try to find some better quality tobacco and give it a go. I don't know what the shops over there carry, but there must be something that's better than Borkum Riff.

found some prince albert and carter hall today going to try.

I liked the prince albert it was abit more robust and the carter hall was better to.

Glad to hear it! Don't give up on the pipe too soon. It takes a few tries to get the packing and smoking pace down pat. I hope you take years of enjoyment from the pipe.

:)

Glad to hear it! Don't give up on the pipe too soon. It takes a few tries to get the packing and smoking pace down pat. I hope you take years of enjoyment from the pipe.

:)

I still suck at it! :thumbs:

:laugh: