• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

So I'm in Austin for my job . . .

Its the best big little city in Texas. Also, it isn't like no other city in Texas culture and lifestyle-wise. Enjoy keeping it weird.

You can always fall back on Flip Wilson's most famous explanation, "The Devil made me do it!" Or, if all else fails, "It wasn't me! I didn't do it!"

Glad you're having a good time and suffering. Hate to think we weren't treating you neighborly.

Oh...there's one of those just around the corner from where I use to work. Maybe I'll check it out some day.

Careful jumping into the deep end of that pool or you might find yourself wearing cowboy boots, skinny jeans, Hipster glasses, sporting a Man-bun all and all of that wrapped up in a tight tuxedo vest trying to hide a plaid shirt and a skinny black tie. Be suspicious of every vegan and don't ever give up gluten. Austin is a great place, but you need to be on guard, other wise Austin will make you weird.

What did you order at the restaurant?

Well, just getting ready to drive down and meet you, but no ginocci on the menu, they must be American Italians, Monk will tell you ( and I know he makes them ) ginocci is freaking good stuff. Turned me off right there. Guess i wait on your next trip. Enjoy.

Careful jumping into the deep end of that pool or you might . . .

What did you order at the restaurant?

Haven't seen many man buns, surprisingly, but purple hair seems to be required for trendy spot hostesses!

I had the "Diver Scallops" . . .big, perfectly cooked scallops on a bed of cheesy sweet corn risotto and truffle oil, with a garnish of deep fried arugula, pancetta, and herbs. It really was genuinely spectacular.

Today we had lunch at a microbrewery and the boss didn't bat an eye when I got a sampler flight with my sandwich. Indian food for dinner, which I actually haven't had before. Tandoori chicken is the bomb!

Finished off the night with Ketel One martinis---dry, not dirty---at the hotel bar, but that one's not going on the expense account! LOL!

Sidenote, this was one of the best work conferences I've ever participated in. My colleagues are just brilliant, wicked smart, talented people who all seem to think I belong at that table. I'm trying hard not to disabuse them of the notion!

~Boar