• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

So who keeps banning people?

It has always been the practice to delete SPAM and ban spammers. I will not leave such posts in place, only to drive traffic and increase search engine rankings to those other sites. So to answer your question, we actually do delete threads around here, only when they're posted by spammers.

A popular discussion on another forum where posts were deleted ( and the thread prematurely locked ) reminded me how precious it is to maintain forum integrity with open discussions, warts and all.

In regards to CigarPass, would it be possible to edit the spammer link(s) but save the thread so that other member's post don't get lost? It would also leave a footprint in the CigarPass archive for future reference.

On a side note, what is the current CigarPass policy on links in member signatures? We seem to have a recent rash of noobie bloggers and merchants looking to gain traffic without adding much substance to the CP community.
Bump.
ETA: Boldface

Gavin - Please feel free to shoot me a PM if you have a concern. Thank you.

As I boldfaced the 'open discussion bit' it would seem hypocritical of me to take this to PM's I think.
A thread seems to have been deleted. It could be construed as a spam post, which you've forthrightly said you'll at least edit, and rightly so.
It was my understanding that the thread as a whole would be left in place, with the offensive material edited out but the rest left as a 'footprint', as MMM called it, and a learning experience for all.
I'm not trying to attack you in any way, Rod. I just would like to know what the policy is. Either way, I can accept it, but the deletion did not jive with my understanding of CP and it had been bothering me.
Now it's possible I'll have egg on my face when it turns out I just have sucky search skills.

No problem, the thread will be unhidden and locked for all to see, per your request.

Thanks Rad Nad Bob God Todd Rod!
wub.gif

Crap, I thought it was Rob! :laugh: