• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Soapy Lakeland tobacco yummyness

Fyodor

Wow, it's been a long time since I've been around here!

I've been smoking my pipes almost exclusively these days, smoking a cigar only about once a month. It had taken me quite a while to get the hang of smoking a pipe and finding out what tobaccos I enjoy best but man was it worth it. Nothing beats pipe tobacco for sheer variety, the spectrum of flavors between differing types of tobacco is quite incredible.

The newest obsession for me is Lakeland style tobacco. I enjoy the Gawith & Hoggath tobaccos such as Ennerdale, which has a very floral smell a bit like a tart's boudoir, but as unappealing as that sounds it is quite delicious! I need to try more of their tobaccos but I can't help thinking they are not going to be as good as the British otc's that we can't get this side of the pond such as St. Bruno, Condor etc. I would also like to try Revor plug one day.

Anyone know anyone who can ship these tobaccos over here. You can't get them anymore from online vendors due to this stupid new credit card law. Maybe a group order? Anyone else enjoy these sort of tobaccos or have any experience with them?

I've tried a few. Not my cup of tea. At all.

Short of having a buddy on the other side of the pond, I'm not sure how you could get some of the lesser distributed blends. I'm having a hell of a time just getting my hands on some of my regular blends, let alone something that I'd have to make arrangements like that to get.

Good luck! I'm glad you've found something you enjoy. :thumbs:

Yeah it's definitely going to be a problem getting a hold of these. If worse comes to worse I will eventually go there myself and pick some up, not that I am going to go for just that reason of course, I've been meaning to take the trip in a year or so.
Lakeland's seem to be a love it or hate it style of tobacco. I love what I've tried and the fact that I can't get the most famous ones drives me nuts! If we have anyone on here on Cigarpass at this time from Britain I would be willing to do a trade for some tobaccos you can't get such as G.L Pease or something. Just an idea. Either way, I hope every one enjoys their smokes and is well.

Wish list of pipe tobacco woefully unavailable to me:

Three Nuns (tinned version)
Capstan blue
Revor Plug
St. Bruno
Condor
Highland Sliced