• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Soft Flame Butane Lighters

Just purchased a new Xikar EX Lighter, it's a soft flame lighter,and love it! Wind proof also :thumbs:

Necro Much?

I didn't even think to check the date since someone posted before me. :laugh:

Save up and buy a Dupont Gatsby or Ligne 2. I found mine at a shop going out of business for 50% off. I paid 225 for it. My favorite lighter by far.

Gotta love these revived threads!

Never heard of the Corona Old Boy until today. Anyone else use this that could comment on well it works?

Gotta love these revived threads!

Never heard of the Corona Old Boy until today. Anyone else use this that could comment on well it works?

I have two of them and they are a reliable, soft-flame lighter. Highly recommend them!

Dan

Thanks for finding this thread. Now, I gotta go looking for one of these Old Boy lighters.

:cool:

If you are going to look at the old boys, I would also consider the corona double corona. Much better for lighting cigars IMO. :thumbs:

Old Boy :thumbs:
Just bought one
Very reliable and has great history
I got the pewter one w/ the pipes all over it
Great for cigars too
They are made alot better than back in the days
No offense to you older folks on the board :laugh:

Thanks Fia, I have a couple of lighters that I use for cigars, a Prometheus Trojan which is my everyday lighter and a Dupont X-Tend which is my backup, but I have been looking for a pipe, soft flame lighter, for some time now. I do remember reading about the Old Boy some time ago when production had stopped and completely forgot about it until this thread popped up again.

I picked up one of the Old Boy Rhodium Pipe Shapes ...... :thumbs:

Thanks Fia, I have a couple of lighters that I use for cigars, a Prometheus Trojan which is my everyday lighter and a Dupont X-Tend which is my backup, but I have been looking for a pipe, soft flame lighter, for some time now. I do remember reading about the Old Boy some time ago when production had stopped and completely forgot about it until this thread popped up again.

I picked up one of the Old Boy Rhodium Pipe Shapes ...... :thumbs:

Well for pipes I dont think you could pick a better lighter and the one you chose is sweet. I have the pewter model and it has worked great for about 4 or 5 years now. That being said, I have heard that the newer models are even better quality. On a side note, Xikar has just come out with a pipe lighter called the Pipeline. It should be available next month. Looks very similar to a old boy but at a lower price point.

Got a PM asking this and figured I should just post it here.
I was wondering if you could tell me where you picked up your nibo lighter.

Thanks

Jason

I'm in no way affiliated with these guys, this is just where i got the VIP Nibo 1.

http://www.slipperyrockcigars.com/view_pro...uct=NIBVM2J8151

They were extremely fast in shipping the item, and have a 30 day return I think.
Edit: It is a bad picture of the lighter. For a much more accurate picture, check mine out a few posts above.

WOW! I just received my birthday present, IM Corona Old Boy lighter, in the mail today and it is so much nicer than I expected. Simply beautiful and what a nice flame, I'm going to really enjoy using this lighter.

WOW! I just received my birthday present, IM Corona Old Boy lighter, in the mail today and it is so much nicer than I expected. Simply beautiful and what a nice flame, I'm going to really enjoy using this lighter.

Nice!!! :thumbs: In a pinch you could take the tamper out and use it as a draw poker for a plugged cigar!