• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sold my condo!

Rob_k

If it ain't Scottish...it's crap!
For full asking price no less! Damm happy, signing the p&s later today and closing by july 27th! wooohooo!!!! so that means moving soon, which is a pain in the arse, the offer on a property the wife and i are looking at hasn't been formally accepted, but my realtor assures me it will be! double wooohooo! Just to give you guys a hint as to how crazy the housing market is in the northeast, my condo is 630 s.f.,one bedroom, fully renovated (new kitchen, ctops,plumbing, new deck, everthing in the bathroom is new except for the ceilings, and new lighting through-out) and we put it on the market for $145,900, fiquring i would get $140,000. I was happy to accept the full asking price.

DAMN $145,000?

Glad I live here for property prices.

Oh, Congrats. If you need help moving, don't call me :sign:

Congrats.

Prices are crazy. Got to love it if you are a seller.

Townhouses behind us are 2 & 3 bedrooms. Small bedrooms to start with and they are going for close to $250K to $300K mark.

At the current moment if I had to buy my house again I couldn't.

Ya shoulda asked more :D

Yep, there's a mini real estate boom going on here in the Northeast again which totally amazes me because the job market has been flat forever and I don't know where these idiots who are paying way too much for real estate are getting their paychecks from but........ This was the same $hit that went on here in the late 1980's, companies laying people off while people pay too much for real estate then the bubble burst. My brother got caught in that. He bought a house in 1988 for $115,000.00 that had sold new in 1985 for $65,000.00. He and his wife decide they HAD to move in 1997. He still owed $89,000.00 on it and could only sell it for $69.000.00. My buddy is flipping identical houses in that neighborhood for $140,000.00+ these days. I told my brother to hold on to it and rent it but he would not listen to me.

A buddy of mine and I put in bids on houses that need work so we can "flip" them. Sure enough the guys who outbid us and paid what I thought was too much for a house that needed work STILL made money when they sold them :0

My friend has done this over the last couple of years and made out quite well. He's now playing the same game in the Clearwater, FL area :D

What a joke. You think that's crazy? Here in Los Angeles you could have gotten at least $350k!

Housing is going up slow but steady in the sticks where I live. However, the school tax is going up 28% next year which means that it has more than doubled since I've moved here.

Congrats Rob!!! Happy that things are going well for ya. And if you need help moving, feel free to ask me...

Too bad I live in TX. :sign: :laugh:

Happy B-day bro!!!

lol but seriously i hope the house deal works out for yah. and congrats on gettign full asking price.

K&P

Congrats on the sale...

I bought a 770 sq. ft. 3BR Co-op back in July for $243,000. They are being sold between $289,000 and $299,000 already. Up 25% in less than a year!!!

Horse said:
Fast4Dr said:
...I bought a 770 sq. ft. 3BR...

and I thought my 3br's were small in 1600 sq. ft!
[snapback]194639[/snapback]​

Yeah but you're in TEXAS :D

I used to rent a 3br house. It couldn't be any more than 850 sq ft. It would probably sell for $150-$175K now. It's out in the sticks too.

bfreebern said:
DAMN $145,000?

Glad I live here for property prices.

[snapback]194221[/snapback]​

Yes, living in BFE does have it's benefits :D

Avg. home price in Crooked Bow, OK - $12,500 :p

Yep, you sold way under market!

I'm currently looking to buy my second townhouse here in Orange County. Prepared to spend up to $440K to find something decent.

The hard part is, my current one has gone up over 100K since I bought it two (or three?) years ago, but I can't cash out because I want to keep it too.

Who said life in paradise is cheap?

I am buying a home that will be built in Port St. Lucie FL. Should be finished in about 9 mos. Four bedroom 3 bathrooms 2600 sq ft. $275K.