• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Somali pirates seize supertanker loaded with crude

stevehawk

'Member? C'mon you 'member!
The thought of 3rd world pirates being able to do this kind of thing over and over just pisses me off! I'd like to set up some bait ships and take care of some of these turds.

Story on Yahoo!

One gang of the theives stealing from another.

I find it difficult to muster any sympathy for the Saudis, or any of their counterparts. The Somalis, at least, I understand their position. They're desperate, they have guns... So it goes.

I cannot understand why these companies have not beefed up security when they know they will be traveling anywhere near there. Post some guards on these ships with RPG's and when they come to grab the ship blast them when they are about 100 feet away. :angry:

The thought of 3rd world pirates being able to do this kind of thing over and over just pisses me off! I'd like to set up some bait ships and take care of some of these turds.

Story on Yahoo!

The pirates backed by the oil rich countries in an effort to keep up the oil prices! :whistling:

I cannot understand why these companies have not beefed up security when they know they will be traveling anywhere near there. Post some guards on these ships with RPG's and when they come to grab the ship blast them when they are about 100 feet away. :angry:
They're waiting for Uncle Sugar to do the dirty work at taxpayer expense. But it does look like the job calls for a military force to get her done. :thumbs:

Granted, some of these Somali pirates are very well armed but it's still amazing to me that a group of men in a rinky dink speed boat can sieze a 1080 foot ship.

This represents a definite shift in tactics for the Somalis. This was way outside the range of the majority. Had to be done with a "mother" ship.

Granted, some of these Somali pirates are very well armed but it's still amazing to me that a group of men in a rinky dink speed boat can sieze a 1080 foot ship.

Right, and they were 450 miles southeast of Mombasa, Kenya. Kenya is south of Somalia. They sure as f..k weren't operating out of Somalia. This whole story is really as strange as sh.t gets in the news.

Right, and they were 450 miles southeast of Mombasa, Kenya. Kenya is south of Somalia. They sure as f..k weren't operating out of Somalia. This whole story is really as strange as sh.t gets in the news.

You make a very good point. There is a probably a helluva lot more to this story than what is being reported so far, but right now some of it just isn't adding up.

Story on Yahoo!

How about a CP sercurity force? There are some interesting characters lining up for the BOTL in Arms pass! :whistling: