• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Some BS that happened this morning

To give you an idea how bad things have gotten around here, smokelaw1, let me just say all the local law enforcement folks have newly established task forces for aggressive drivers. Our population density has really grown in the last few years; some would say "too much". The new "super speeder" task force usually busts someone doing 120+ on the highways running through the city....every day.

Regards - B.B.S.

I drive about 28 miles one way to work, every day, on some of Porland's busiiest commutes. In the last twenty years or so, I've been rear ended four times, once bad enough to total my car (pushed me into the car in front of me, them into the car in front of them) and twice bad enough to require physical therapy....latest being a couple of months ago. Each and every time, I've been STOPPED, waiting for traffic (usually a queue for an exit or ramp) and some f#@king idiot realizes way too late "...whoa, dude, they are like, totally stopped...." and WHAM..!!!

Apathy78, I realize your situation was far different. Got to say there's nothing like having some asshole about 0.2" off your rear bumper while doing 60 and trying to maintain some distance to the car in front of you....with two other lanes they could easily go around you in. &^%$$%!@(*&^^%#$....!!!!

I have this evil fantasy - I'm going to buy a '78 Ford 350 series truck, modify it all the way around with 15" disk brakes with quad piston brake calipers with full anti lock, install a steel plate for a bumper, and load the ass end with cinder blocks. Tailgate me now, asshole..... :whistling:

Glad you weren't hurt - Thanks for the AM vent - :p

Regards - B.B.S.

Tell me about it .... this recently happened to my wife on the freeway here, she was the last car in the four car collision. Fortunatly, she wasn't hit hard enough to cause any damage to the car and she was able to absorb the impact and not hit the driver in front of her. Unfortunatly, she was hit hard enough to cause some back problems but because there was no damage to our vehicle the other drivers insurance is refusing to compensate for medical bills that we've incurred since then. They've literally said get yourself a lawyer because we're not paying anything.

:cool:

I hate the whole idea of auto insurance. You pay all this money ‘just incase’ something happens. Then when something does happen, they do all that they can to not give you anything.

I hate the whole idea of auto insurance. You pay all this money ‘just incase’ something happens. Then when something does happen, they do all that they can to not give you anything.

Tell me about it, and don't even get me started on homeowners insurance :angry:

BTW, anybody know a good lawyer here in my area? :rolleyes:

:cool:

I don't fight any more.

I shoot out their tires. That makes them think twice about getting out of the car too.

After hearing all of this I'm even more glad I live in the sticks. :)

I can't handle driving around a bunch of people who think they're the most important on the road and that everyone should get out of their way. Whenever I drive in Minneapolis/St. Paul I nearly blow a gasket. Fortunately, that's only a few times a year. :D

I have big brush gurds on the front and back of my truck people just kind of leave me alone lol.

I can't handle driving around a bunch of people who think they're the most important on the road and that everyone should get out of their way.

Me neither! Especialy since I AM the most important on the road and everyone should get out of my way. :D I mean, when one is in the passing lane, and there is room to get over, and someone behind you wnats to pass...it's just common sense, common courtesy, not to mention, more over-all efficient to let them pass....right?

Really, the thing that gets to me is that there are rules, both written and unwritten, that are there to keep the community of the road running smoothly. people who think the rules don't apply to them or think they know better what the rules SHOULD be, well, they screw it up for everybody and cause trouble. Damn, that sounds familiar...where have I heard that before?

I can't handle driving around a bunch of people who think they're the most important on the road and that everyone should get out of their way.

Me neither! Especialy since I AM the most important on the road and everyone should get out of my way. :D I mean, when one is in the passing lane, and there is room to get over, and someone behind you wnats to pass...it's just common sense, common courtesy, not to mention, more over-all efficient to let them pass....right?

Really, the thing that gets to me is that there are rules, both written and unwritten, that are there to keep the community of the road running smoothly. people who think the rules don't apply to them or think they know better what the rules SHOULD be, well, they screw it up for everybody and cause trouble.
Damn, that sounds familiar...where have I heard that before?
I completely agree

I think one of the funniest things is when you see someone weaving in and out of lanes going 90, 100.. and a few minutes later you pull up next to them at the light at the off ramp. I point and laugh... the little things lol.

ok well i have a little situation that contradicts the always at fault rearender. On my 17th birthday i was driving my girlfriend home. I was about 1 mile from my house on a 45 mile hour rd. I rearended someone at 45 miles an hour totaling my car and theirs. I didnt even see the car. It was dusk, and they did not have any lights on. They were completely stopped in the middle of the road w/o flashers because they thought they hit something (which in fact she did: a deer) There were no witnesses so noone could back up anything i said. Now acccording to the assumption, i would have been hit with everything especially no witnesses. I explained the car was at a complete stop, with no flashers on, and no lights. The other driver completely lied of course, with an entirely different story. We found the injured deer lying in the woods nearby, so my story seemed more likely to the cop. But because of no witnesses, they didnt charge anybody with the accident. Now i talked to a family friend who was a cop. If there had been someone to back up my story, the woman in front of me would have been charged due to an illegal stop on a state highway, plus an added penalty because their lights were not on at dusk.

edited: sorry if that was really wordy but i hope you get the point.

ok well i have a little situation that contradicts the always at fault rearender.

Oh, there are many, many of those.
The difference is between morally culpable and legally liable. The two are so often at the opposite ends of the real world...

On my way to work this morning I was traveling down a 45MPH 3 lane road (which is the main road here) in the left lane, when a car in front of me was moving very slow. I had to slow down to about 40MPH when the driver flipped me off! I of course flipped them off right back. Then I could not believe what happened next. The driver locked up there brakes! I was forced to do the same. That driver then made a left turn and I continued to go straight . A few years ago I would have followed that person and beat the shit out of them, however I decided at this point in time it wasn’t really worth it. So all I did was hit my horn and yell at them.

My question to you guys and I know there are some Lawyers out there; When the driver in front of me locked up there brakes, if I were to hit into them, who would have been at fault there?

My thinking is that even though I would have hit them in the rear, the other driver would be at fault as they slammed on there brakes for no reason. There was no one in front of them and we were not at a light.

I appreciate any thoughts you guys have.

damn what a punk, if it was me i would have followed, gotten in front of him and lay out my truck and give him a golden shower

I think one of the funniest things is when you see someone weaving in and out of lanes going 90, 100.. and a few minutes later you pull up next to them at the light at the off ramp. I point and laugh... the little things lol.

Nine times out of Ten when said situation happens the person either came from a distance considerably further away or they left later in the day than you did. The fact that he is at the light at the same time as you means that he already accomplished what he wanted to accomplish, ie he got there quicker than he would have other-wise.

:points and laughs at bigvinnysd: Ahh, the little things. :rolleyes: