• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Some great cigar reviews

moki

el Presidente
I'm sure many of you have seen the Cigar Nexus reviews, but for those of you who haven't...

http://www.cigarnexus.com/mott/index.html

Some great blind reviews: they selected a few people from their readership each month, picked some cigars, took the bands off, and set the reviewers at it. It's a shame Cigar Nexus isn't around anymore, the blind taste tests are great, as is the rest of the site.

Amusing moment: the ISOM Montecristo No.2 being called a "dog rocket" by one of the reviewers. :)

If anything, the reviews show that tastes vary, and peoples opinions of cigars with the bands off may be different than if they know what they are smoking. Some great commentary from the editor, too.

hmmm, that might be something to try here at some point, have 2 guys send ea. other 3 or so sticks of the same quality level, then they smok'em and post the reviews.

anyway, thanks for the link a neat idea.

:thumbs:

sir-smokes-a-lot said:
hmmm, that might be something to try here at some point, have 2 guys send ea. other 3 or so sticks of the same quality level, then they smok'em and post the reviews.
I'd love to do it. Thing is, a lot of people will know what certain cigars are, so it will influence the ratings. Send someone who is familiar with Opus X cigars, and they'll know it the second they smell it.

You could always fart in the box before you send it off. :0 :sign:

sir-smokes-a-lot said:

anyway, thanks for the link a neat idea.

it's been tried Here in Cigar Discussion.

It worked out pretty well. I'd love to read some more of these.

P.S. Thanks for the Great link!

could pos. see this revitalized, get 3 or so guys. then each month one guy will send the other 2 the same cigar. all 3 will smoke them and post their reviews, with maybe a guess on what it was.
after all reviews, the sender will say what it was.

can say I would be interested if this did happen.

Wascal said:
You could always fart in the box before you send it off. :0 :sign:
How did I miss this! :sign: :sign: ROTFLMAO :sign: :sign:

So... did anyone see my MOTT appearance? I called a 21 year old RyJ Celestial Finos... young and green! Bwahahahahahahahahaha! Seriously.... that stick was great but still could've used more age IMO! LOL!

Aloha,

Wade

ROFLMAO at Wade.

I wonder what your rating would have been if you had known the age? :p

It woulda been the same! Hey.... I almost nailed that DR Cohiba Robusto (called it a Don Carlos Robusto! I was most shocked by that Canaria D'Oro... that was a great cigar!

Wade

wk-mang said:
So... did anyone see my MOTT appearance? I called a 21 year old RyJ Celestial Finos... young and green! Bwahahahahahahahahaha! Seriously.... that stick was great but still could've used more age IMO! LOL!
kwality, wk-mang, kwality. Yeah, those Padron Millennium Maduro's I sent you were actually el credito's. Glad ya liked 'em! bwahahah! :D

Now I know why there was scotch tape holding the bands on. :p