• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Some IE9 issues

BlindedByScience

Proud Father of a Kearney, NE LEO
Staff member
Rod - upgraded to IE9 and now I can't access the message sub-menu. When I go to the icon, it opens my profile and won't allow me to access the drop down menu items - it always opens my profile.

Is there a direct link I can use to get to the messages, or....??

Edited to add - I can get to the messages by using the link in the e-mail notificaitons I get, so it's not a "big" deal.....but it is inconvienent.

I created a short cut that takes me directly to the message section, so it's all good for now. Minor issues aside, IE9 is FAST and the new rendering engine really sharpened up the text. Still diggin it....and recommending it to friends.

went to give it a test run, just out of fairness, but it says I cant unless I have Vista or 7.

so as soon as they port it for Snow Leopard or Lion, I will try it out.....

T

I'm liking it pretty well, can definitely tell the difference in speed.

went to give it a test run, just out of fairness, but it says I cant unless I have Vista or 7.

T

What are Snow Leopard and Lion? Mac OS?

Tom - Thanks for the info. I'm going to download it now and test it out. I've been hooked on FireFox for about 7 years now, so we'll see if IE9 can take me away from FF. I've heard really good things about it.

You're not kiddding - IE9 is pretty nice.

There will most likely be an update to the form software soon which will address this issue. I'll upgrade the forum once the update becomes available.

Rod - thanks so much for taking a look at this.

I was a staunch FF user up until about a year+ ago, when FF let in the absolute worst virus infestation I've ever seen. Took hours and hours of scanning, editing, searching to beat my XP system back into shape. When it was time for the "clean install" of W7, I decided to "drink the cool aid" and go fully MS for all my applications and utilities. W7-64 bit, Office 2010 64-bit, MS Security Essentials, etc....right on down the line. You know.....I almost hate to admit it.....my PC has NEVER run better. So fast, stable, reliable....really a surprise. So, I've never looked back. IE9 seems pretty darn cool and runs like a jet on my system.

Thanks again, Rod - B.B.S.

Another issue - !!! - Status updates get a "double tap" and you get two identical entries for every single entry.

T

What are Snow Leopard and Lion? Mac OS?

...and Roger

Snow Leopard is the current Mac OS, and Lion is the update thay are going to roll out this Summer

Tim

I had problems with IE9 beta here and switched to Chrome. And I haven't looked back.

Hey BBS - If you turn on compatability mode in IE9 you can get to all of the drop down menu items, like messages and other stuff.

It makes the forum look a bit strange at times, but at least you can get your messages.

Who uses IE anymore? :whistling:
....seems the majority, according to the data I could find:

Browser November February change relative Browser
Chrome 13.32% 16.51% 3.19% 23.90% Chrome
Safari 4.70% 5.07% 0.37% 7.90% Safari
Opera 2.02% 1.99% -0.03% -1.50% Opera
Others 0.95% 1.08% 0.13% 13.70% Others
IE (all) 48.16% 45.50% -2.66% -5.50% IE (all)
Firefox (all) 31.17% 30.33% -0.84% -2.70% Firefox (all)

is this data including the business sector that 99.99% uses IE? I'm forced to use it at work, but I use Chrome at home ( a far better browser imho)

I would like to see the % of people that use it on their personal computers not business related. I think that would be a better indicator of the true number of people that choose to use IE.

Let me rephrase that: Who still uses IE among the people who know what version of IE they are running. I do admit, probably the majority of the users of IE, don't know what a web browser is. :sign:

I've used them all, and I've always gone back to IE. There always some reason why a site here or there doesn't work as well on the other browsers that leads me back. Then I wonder why I left in the first place.

It's all about the Chrome. :thumbs:

Used to use Firefox...never again.

IE...forced to use it at work as well, otherwise i won't touch it.

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/applications/ie9-vs-firefox-4-vs-chrome-10-935792

IE9 vs Firefox VS Chrome, good read........