• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Some New Fake Arrivals!

Hi guys I'm new to this site as you can see. I was inspired to join by the content of this thread. I live in Canada and I'm an avid Cuban Robusta fan. i have been smoking Partagas SERIE D.No.4. robusta's for a long time and although not my favourite cigar I find them quite tasteful at times. I recently purchased a box of 25 and a box of 10 PSD4s and I instantly noticed that there was a difference when I smoked a cigar from the box of 25 and became suspicious. I did not notice anything suspicious when I opened the boxes as they were identical to the previous boxes I had. I authenticated the certificates as I usually did on Habanos SA, both boxes were authentic. The cigar that I smoked was slightly thinner and burned unusually faster but did not taste disimilar to previous PSD4s. The ash stayed for quite some time indicating long filler but the aftertaste was slightly harsher . Upon review of the cigars in the 25 box (December 09) I found them to be a shade lighter than normal but consistent while the cigars in the box of 10 (April 2010) were of the darker shade that I'm used to and they were also consistant in colour throughout the box. The bands suddenly jumped out as they were exactly the same as the irregular bands stated in the previous posts on this thread. What I expected to see was the periods (Dots) as follows. SERIE D. No. 4. with a dot also after the word Partagas on the second line before the hyphen. What I got on the band on both boxes was SERIE D No.4 The second line did not have a dot after the word Partagas. The cigars were well made and if they are fake they are the best I've seen (Excepting the band) I have sent an email to Habanos SA and my Canadian supplier who purchases all of heir cigars from Habanos SA reflecting my concerns. I too am wondering if there was a printing problem with the bands but you would think that Habanos would have the appropriate quality control to pick this type of mistake up. You would also think that they would announce a band change if there was one in order to quell the doubts of people like me who may stop buying the brand altogether due to uncertainty. I'll post the group on any response I get from the emails. In addition to the above I do have a bunch of Partagas Serie. D. No. 4. Tubos and I notice that the lithographed label on the aluminum tube shows only one dot between the No.4 while the cigar inside showed the three dot band. It does appear that Partagas have inconsistency on the banding (I hope that that have, it will make me feel better). Anyway I am grateful to the contributors of this thread for sharing your experiences, I greatly appreciate the posts.

Rich

Send a PM to robbiex0r (if you click that, it's a PM link). He used to be a foreman for the Habanos SA Printing Division. He can probably help you out with your questions.

Hi guys I'm new to this site as you can see. I was inspired to join by the content of this thread. I live in Canada and I'm an avid Cuban Robusta fan. i have been smoking Partagas SERIE D.No.4. robusta's for a long time and although not my favourite cigar I find them quite tasteful at times. I recently purchased a box of 25 and a box of 10 PSD4s and I instantly noticed that there was a difference when I smoked a cigar from the box of 25 and became suspicious. I did not notice anything suspicious when I opened the boxes as they were identical to the previous boxes I had. I authenticated the certificates as I usually did on Habanos SA, both boxes were authentic. The cigar that I smoked was slightly thinner and burned unusually faster but did not taste disimilar to previous PSD4s. The ash stayed for quite some time indicating long filler but the aftertaste was slightly harsher . Upon review of the cigars in the 25 box (December 09) I found them to be a shade lighter than normal but consistent while the cigars in the box of 10 (April 2010) were of the darker shade that I'm used to and they were also consistant in colour throughout the box. The bands suddenly jumped out as they were exactly the same as the irregular bands stated in the previous posts on this thread. What I expected to see was the periods (Dots) as follows. SERIE D. No. 4. with a dot also after the word Partagas on the second line before the hyphen. What I got on the band on both boxes was SERIE D No.4 The second line did not have a dot after the word Partagas. The cigars were well made and if they are fake they are the best I've seen (Excepting the band) I have sent an email to Habanos SA and my Canadian supplier who purchases all of heir cigars from Habanos SA reflecting my concerns. I too am wondering if there was a printing problem with the bands but you would think that Habanos would have the appropriate quality control to pick this type of mistake up. You would also think that they would announce a band change if there was one in order to quell the doubts of people like me who may stop buying the brand altogether due to uncertainty. I'll post the group on any response I get from the emails. In addition to the above I do have a bunch of Partagas Serie. D. No. 4. Tubos and I notice that the lithographed label on the aluminum tube shows only one dot between the No.4 while the cigar inside showed the three dot band. It does appear that Partagas have inconsistency on the banding (I hope that that have, it will make me feel better). Anyway I am grateful to the contributors of this thread for sharing your experiences, I greatly appreciate the posts.

Rich

Send a PM to robbiex0r (if you click that, it's a PM link). He used to be a foreman for the Habanos SA Printing Division. He can probably help you out with your questions.

Bob's your man! :thumbs:

Rich

400_F_3866108_AxlRJtKAToRe6DBj9AwS4CDxk4023iC4.jpg

Paragraphs, please.

Hi guys I'm new to this site as you can see. I was inspired to join by the content of this thread. I live in Canada and I'm an avid Cuban Robusta fan.
I have been smoking Partagas SERIE D.No.4. robusta's for a long time and although not my favourite cigar I find them quite tasteful at times. I recently purchased a box of 25 and a box of 10 PSD4s and I instantly noticed that there was a difference when I smoked a cigar from the box of 25 and became suspicious. I did not notice anything suspicious when I opened the boxes as they were identical to the previous boxes I had.

I authenticated the certificates as I usually did on Habanos SA, both boxes were authentic. The cigar that I smoked was slightly thinner and burned unusually faster but did not taste disimilar to previous PSD4s.

The ash stayed for quite some time indicating long filler but the aftertaste was slightly harsher . Upon review of the cigars in the 25 box (December 09) I found them to be a shade lighter than normal but consistent while the cigars in the box of 10 (April 2010) were of the darker shade that I'm used to and they were also consistant in colour throughout the box.

The bands suddenly jumped out as they were exactly the same as the irregular bands stated in the previous posts on this thread. What I expected to see was the periods (Dots) as follows. SERIE D. No. 4. with a dot also after the word Partagas on the second line before the hyphen.

What I got on the band on both boxes was SERIE D No.4 The second line did not have a dot after the word Partagas. The cigars were well made and if they are fake they are the best I've seen (Excepting the band) I have sent an email to Habanos SA and my Canadian supplier who purchases all of heir cigars from Habanos SA reflecting my concerns.

I too am wondering if there was a printing problem with the bands but you would think that Habanos would have the appropriate quality control to pick this type of mistake up. You would also think that they would announce a band change if there was one in order to quell the doubts of people like me who may stop buying the brand altogether due to uncertainty.

I'll post the group on any response I get from the emails. In addition to the above I do have a bunch of Partagas Serie. D. No. 4. Tubos and I notice that the lithographed label on the aluminum tube shows only one dot between the No.4 while the cigar inside showed the three dot band.

It does appear that Partagas have inconsistency on the banding (I hope that that have, it will make me feel better). Anyway I am grateful to the contributors of this thread for sharing your experiences, I greatly appreciate the posts.

Rich

Had to do that so I could read it...

Did you click on my link?

Yes, your post is interesting and looks very tasty! However the cigars that I received were not authentic, in fact they were not even good to smoke! I have been lucky enough to enjoy the PSD 4's as my regular smoke and I can assure you the ones in my original picture were not authentic. I appreciate the input from everyone here, I never did get an official answer about them however I was refunded in full by the vendor.

Because you THINK that they were fakes, does not make them fakes. And may I ask how many of the "fakes" did you smoke? I've had bad cigars before from every brand including my favorites the Punch Punch.

I've also experianced a couple of duds in a box of otherwise exceptional cigars more than once.

One or two bad cigars does not prove anything.

If you have proof, real honest to God proof, that the cigars you sent back were fakes then please share.

I smoked 2 of them and 2 friends each smoked one, we all smoke them regularly and found them to be unlike any PSD4 any of us have tried, regardless of the year or box code. I too have had cigars that were "duds" as you call it. I do not have concrete PROOF that they are fakes as your requesting however I guess I should clarify it to be MY Opinion.

Rich

As promised, the reply from Habanos.

Damarys Maldonado to Richard
show details 3:34 PM (1 hour ago)
Dear Sir.:

Thank you very much for contacting us.
As you have stated, both boxes of Partagas Serie D No.4 are authentic and there is a difference between them as the rings have been produced by two different suppliers.
Kindly note that we are in the process of fusing both labels, however both devices will coexist in the market for a certain period of time.
We thank you again for your observation.

Best regards,

Damarys Maldonado de la Torre
Dirección de Marketing Estratégico
Corporación Habanos S.A.
Avenida 3ra no. 2006, entre 20 y 22,
Miramar, Playa, Ciudad de La Habana
Telef: +537 204 0443 ext 114
www.habanos.com
www.lacasadelhabano.com

Guys, try and remember that Cuba has the worst quality control of any country making cigars. I have been in the Cohiba factory and the Partagas factory and let me tell you, they could care less about their cigars. If the vendor is legit and has a great rep then do not worry about things like band and box anomalies, I have seen incredible discrepancies over they years and the cigars were always real. Do not worry about wrapper colors because they could care less what colors they put in a box. Expect plugged cigars because they think it is funny that their customers lose a lung trying to draw one of their plugged cigars. Just make sure the source is legit and do not obsess about the totally wacked out presentations.

Don't we have some form of Blaster, too? :rolleyes:

Guys, try and remember that Cuba has the worst quality control of any country making cigars. I have been in the Cohiba factory and the Partagas factory and let me tell you, they could care less about their cigars. If the vendor is legit and has a great rep then do not worry about things like band and box anomalies, I have seen incredible discrepancies over they years and the cigars were always real. Do not worry about wrapper colors because they could care less what colors they put in a box. Expect plugged cigars because they think it is funny that their customers lose a lung trying to draw one of their plugged cigars. Just make sure the source is legit and do not obsess about the totally wacked out presentations.
Nice to see you back. The info is very much appreciated.