• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Some of you may be surprised....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good enough, FA. I don't "own" the board, I'm a participating member who happens to be a moderator.

Enough said.... :D

Oh really? So are PAN/PAM '26 & '64 conisdered "mid-line" ****?

(assuming that's one of your trades?)

That was one of his trades with me. FA included a 26 and a 64 that he sent to me first and gave me the option of reciprocating only if I wanted to. This demonstrated to me that he's an excellent trader. Sorry I broke one of the so-called cardinal rules of disclosing what I received but the only one who should be offended is FA and if you are Mike, please accpet my apology.

"This is the true joy in life, being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one. Being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy. I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the whole community and as I live it is my privilege - my *privilege* to do for it whatever I can."

Ever notice that really smart quotes like this always make you think you're the mighty one - but never the clod?

Hrrm. Lost my bearings in the middle of that post... another inch to the left, and I might have managed clever. ;)

After a long day - I'm off to brave the cold for a cold one and to set a dried up old leaf on fire in my mouth... See y'all later and don't tear yourselves apart too much. As always - a privilege. :thumbs:

By the way, Allofus... seems you get stuck reeling even when you don't mean to cast, eh? :D

Cheers,

- Oak

SamGuss said:
...This site has gone downhill. It's still the best IMO, but it has gone downhill in the last few months.

Lots of BS has happened.

As an anaology ...
Sam,

I always like your no-nonsense approach.

I am on three boards. One for nearly three years. I think this is the only one where I have seen someone who did bad puts/takes called on the carpet. And keep in mind though I have been on another board longer, I wasn't even really aware of passes till I came here. I like the style of accountablity displayed here at CP, which is what has attracted me to this place, and you were one of the fellas that called that guy out on the puts/takes. :) In fact the up-front talk is what I found attractive, even done in a friendly environment.

I'm not sure what the BS is you are referring to, perhaps it has gone on in the background. But from what I have seen in the foreground, things have been for the most part okay. But I may too friggin' stupid to even know what I don't know. Eh?

As for analogies, here are mine: [1] My college kid has it too easy these days. You see he gets to use a laptop word processor to do his term papers. I had to do them in long-hand. And if a mistake was made on a page I had to rewrite the whole page, because those bastards at West Point would not let us do penned-in-ink changes on our written sheets.

[2] He also has it easier because he gets to use a calculator and something called MatLab on his laptop. I had to use a slide rule, again because those bastards at West Point said that the newly invented calculator would make us soft pussies. I'm glad they were hard on us.

[3] When I was in the Army we used to run five miles carrying an M-14 and wearing combat boots. Then they switched to the lighter M-16 and athletic shoes. Now they don't even run with any rifle!

[4] When I was in Ranger school we used to do night jumps on a postage stamp sized drop zone. Then one of my classmates hit a high-power line. The juice burned off half of his leg. Then they stopped doing night jumps on that drop zone.

Back in those days we had to work hard "to earn our ****". I wish my son and today's Army trainees had to go thru what I did. Because "we really earned our **** back then".

Okay, just having fun with ya. :D

I'm looing forward to Wednesday's meeting at Downing Street Pub! :)

OMG. I have never called anyone here a "puffed up gas bag", or even thought that.
I have never thought that someone here had an opinion of themselves that so far exceeded any rational examination of their apparent worth here at cigarpass that I was compelled to point out the obvious to others.
I have never felt the need to talk down to anyone here (with the exception of PB who went there first) or had to explain to them why I should be considered "The Great and Powerful OZ."
I have never been so "put off" by a members profile, first posts and me, me, me, attitude that I had the need to purge.
I have never seen someone come here after being run off from another board with such an attitude of entitled inclusion that they lord it around here as if their opinion has merit.

I can't say those things anymore. You may drop my name and make insinuations just as you please, Secret Squirrel, but never think for a second that you can do it with impunity.

Regards to Mike's_Travels

NA
MB, SC (84 first round)

Yea!! All you new people can kiss my a**!

This is an elitest club and we want to keep it that way! I paid my dues and now it's your turn to......... Oh wait. I don't remember ever having to grovel or beg in any way. I made my first over seas purchase very, very shortly after first becomming a member here. I first joined in May of 01 and I'm pretty sure by the following month I was waiting impatiently to see if customs agents were going to stop by my work place to deliver a purchase in person. :p I remeber everyone being very nice and freindly back then just as many still are today. Just because some are rude it doesn't mean we have to take it personally. Let it fly was the advise offered and sounds good to me.

The original intent of this post is valid. We should be more discreet. We should use PM's more and be much more vaugue when out in public on the boards. Thats they way it used to be and is even more important with all the new people and all the attention the search engines gives us now compared to the past. Use PM's. I had lots of help via pm with my first purchase and I'm sure anyone who looks around any length of time at all will quickly figure out who the polite aimiable people are who are actually here in the spirit of BOTL and who are only here for self serving, ego serving purposes.

Oh by the way................. Cigars Are Fun! Not a tool for division or derision.

oak said:
"This is the true joy in life, being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one. Being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy. I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the whole community and as I live it is my privilege - my *privilege* to do for it whatever I can."
Nice quote:

One of my favorites is:

A dog should have a reasonable amount of fleas. Otherwise it forgets it's a dog.

SamClemmons said:
OMG. I have never called anyone here a "puffed up gas bag", or even thought that.
I have never thought that someone here had an opinion of themselves that so far exceeded any rational examination of their apparent worth here at cigarpass that I was compelled to point out the obvious to others.
I have never felt the need to talk down to anyone here (with the exception of PB who went there first) or had to explain to them why I should be considered "The Great and Powerful OZ."
I have never been so "put off" by a members profile, first posts and me, me, me, attitude that I had the need to purge.
I have never seen someone come here after being run off from another board with such an attitude of entitled inclusion that they lord it around here as if their opinion has merit.

I can't say those things anymore. You may drop my name and make insinuations just as you please, Secret Squirrel, but never think for a second that you can do it with impunity.

Regards to Mike's_Travels

NA
MB, SC (84 first round)
OMG.

I have never received such an initial PM on first joining, just because someone has a political agenda. And then been PM blocked without an opportunity to dialog via PM.

I have never read a historical path of postings that have exhibited such sociopathic ramblings who's received replies from other members dwarf these. And these are replies after the famed crash.

I too, have never thought that someone here had an opinion of themselves that so far exceeded any rational examination of their apparent worth anywhere, that they were compelled to declare any not in their political belief system to be bandits. "Tolerance" cries from the "intolerant".

Regards sent to Mike's_Travels, he is still there. Your "HCF" friends are not.

And you too may continue your cute games and "roar" Squirrelly Squirrel , but never think for a second that you can do it with impunity.

Well I am sitting here after work with my family waiting for me to come home ingrossed in this thread. Damn I have been reeled in by the master of trolling who I consider a true friend and brother! :D I think thats what some of the underlining views from all the FOGs here are all about. We are not elitist but in some ways I have seen this board become just too complacent (sp) maybe too lackadaisical when it comes to some issues that need to be handled with some sensitivity. When we come into this cyber site know one really knows who anyone is unless you are refered (which has happened) so when members say you have to earn your strips so to speak we are just being cautious for our own protection. Many of us have come from other boards and have found CP as a great alternative to what they have been accustom to and some are here for the first time willing to engage ask learn and share. From what I can tell no one has ever been turned away. Rod (your the best) has made a very comfortable site for us to play in.

Well I am rambling so I am going to cut myself off and try to pull this damn hook out my mouth ;) This is great dialog and very thought provoking and I just wanted to add my .02 well maybe .04 LMAO

"The Honorable"

BenjieV :D

Well, Kenny's original post sure did go off the deep end.

In all but a very few cases, that I can count on one hand, I have never given any one a referral to a vendor(overseas or stateside that did not advertise on the forums) without first meeting that person face to face. The ones that did get the referral without a meet, had established some pretty good contacts beforehand.

The "extra" business is great for the vendor, until all the excessive talk shuts them down or cause headaches that in turn cause existing clients even more headaches.

I'm not sure what Kenny's original post actually points to directly here at CP, but I think I get the jist of it. There is a simple solution when too much information begins to unfold. Threads can be deleted and accounts with the vendors can be closed. It really only takes a couple of quick e-mails.

I would think people would like to keep their accounts at some of the lesser priced vendors. But, remember, too much info can lead to higher prices when you can't order from certain places.

Phil said:
A lot of folks give out **** for no AIP, but that is only when your brand new. It just looks like maybe your hiding somethin. Now I am not saying that is what I thought about you, cause it is not, as you well know. But I just wanna let you know where those smart asses comments (from who??) were ment as. I doubt it was anything personal.

I was one of them. :p

SD_Stack said:
Phil said:
A lot of folks give out **** for no AIP, but that is only when your brand new.  It just looks like maybe your hiding somethin.  Now I am not saying that is what I thought about you, cause it is not, as you well know. But I just wanna let you know where those smart asses comments (from who??) were ment as. I doubt it was anything personal.

I was one of them. :p
LOL, I have just been told what happened.

I now retract any previous statement about there being not assholes on this board and or any comments werent ment as anyone took them. Cause I guess there are!

:p :p :p :p

:sign:

Okay lets all take a deep breath and delete all posts immediately....Seriously, sounds like a few people need a hug and some others need some warm weather to get out of the house!!!((((JJJEEEEEZZZZZ!!!)) Anyway, I agree with the original post, whatever the hell it was! As long as it pisses some FOG off somewhere, I am satisfied I have done my part as a noobler. I have only been here almost a year and I have never been given a connection, I never asked for one either..huh??Or maybe its because I am a crappy trader or cheap-ass passer or an all around new ****ing guy!! I guess we can listen to the "Old ****ers" bitch and complain and us newbie's can clean up our posting. If you wish to speak with me, please send smoke signals (not in California-they are sensitive to Injuns out there!!!), sorry PG!! I will stop rambling and let the real "Elistist Snobs" who are the only ones who ever "get it" do some more throwing of sand in the sandbox...RECESSS TIME!!!!

:D

Matt R said:
I'm not sure what Kenny's original post actually points to directly here at CP, but I think I get the jist of it. There is a simple solution when too much information begins to unfold. Threads can be deleted and accounts with the vendors can be closed. It really only takes a couple of quick e-mails.

I would think people would like to keep their accounts at some of the lesser priced vendors. But, remember, too much info can lead to higher prices when you can't order from certain places.
Now we're talkin' :thumbs:

LMAO!!

Cool deal!

Matt, you were right on Bro! I have been getting way too many emails from venders lately! ;)

You were hiding the fact that you were run off the other board, ace. I asked you in a pm which other boards you had been on and what name you went by. You refused to divulge any information about yourself so I had no interest in having further discourse with you. You were not man enough to stand up and take responsibility for what you said there so I did not and do not owe you even the time of day. I have since found the other board where you were cheerfully rejected and shown the door. You were argumentitive, combative, insensitive and had a serious sense of superiority with no apparent merit. The guys left there because they chose to, not because they were forced to and now you are back there with the other would be's.
You came here being secretive and confrontational. The newbies here didn't see it but the rest of the guys sure did. I think you were afraid to take responsibilty and came on with the Secret Squirrel gig. Steve had you pegged and you resent it as well you should, it was a spot on parody of you and not very flattering. It doesn't suprise me that you were met with indifference and I would recommend getting used to it. We know a BH when we see one.

Try to be more original but failing that, you may mimic me.

NA

SamClemmons said:
No peeing in my sandbox, gr8full. LMAO.

NA
Actually I left something with a little more "substance" just for you Neil!!!!OOOPPPPSSS Newbie **** up alert..Real name in Post ..Please delete immediately!!LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.