• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Some People Like Bad Beer

Smokin'Sims

Gettin' my nerd on, Hopp Schwiez!
Yesterday one of my lab mates finished his finals for the semester in a class that had been rough on him. So, being a decent fellow I invited him over to the house for some beers afterward. I started him off with an Old Chub and I had a SUE. He asked if I had any light colored beers. I knew I had some Molson's in the fridge that had been in there since last July. Now I knew these were bad and warned him that it was not a good beer, but he looked happy. I opened it to find the most skunky smelling beer I have ever experienced. He told that it smelled wonderful and proceeded to drink another 2-3. I tried to tell him that this was the definition of a spoiled beer, but he wouldn't have any of it. I guess some people just prefer bad beer to good beer. I'm thinking of banning him from the good stuff the next time we get together. I guess arguing taste is pointless as well.

True story - my oldest is in the USMC and is currently stationed in Camp Legeune, NC. Being raised in the PacNW he knows what good beer looks and tastes like. He hit one of the local watering holes, and I kid you not - he asked them what they had on tap and the answer was "....we have both kinds; Coors and Bud..!!..."

Needless to say, I've been shipping bombers of Ninkasi "Total Domination IPA" out to him on a regular basis.....
tongue.gif

I spent a few days in Golden CO, a few years back. I thought I would be burned at the stake for asking for something other than Coors.

Just remember however, a year old Molson's is still better than a day old Milwaukee's Best.

Some people are beyond reach, James. I'll have another Schlitz while you're up.

I think he should be banned from your house all together. :sign:

What's wrong with Schlitz?? Granted, I don't consider myself a beer snob. I was once told that a true beer connoisseur is someone who enjoys ALL beer... I like that since I drink everything from PBR to Oatmeal Stouts....

I guess it all depends if you're just looking' to get the job done.

Will

What's wrong with Schlitz?? Granted, I don't consider myself a beer snob. I was once told that a true beer connoisseur is someone who enjoys ALL beer... I like that since I drink everything from PBR to Oatmeal Stouts....

You do realize our friendship is now over, right Ben?

Different strokes for different folks. To some beer is beer. I have neighbors and friends who really like Bud, Coor Light and Corona Extra, others that prefer Dogfish Head, Sam Adams, Brooklyn, Captain Lawrence and a ton of other microbrews. Just means you gotta stock a bigger variety for those big BBQs.

There are times, rare at best, when a PBR does hit the spot. :0

I'll be expecting a full intervention team to bust down my door shortly.

Luckily I have been blessed with friends who are beer snobs, so I don't run into the common situation of, "Hey friend, here's a glass of [insert tasty limited edition beer here]. I hope you enjoy, it's my last one!" *friend takes a sip* "Dude, this tastes like crap!" *I punch said friend, go to jail for battery, live a life of despair in prison*

Get you some new friends James! :laugh:

I prefer Mich Ultra (which can barely be classified as beer) or Bud light. Molsons as I remember, smelled like a skunks ass even when fresh, so I can't say I've enjoyed many of those.

I'm too cheap to buy the good stuff when it comes to beer. Not to say I won't enjoy it, just too cheap to buy it or even find it for that matter.

Besides, vodka is better anyways. ;)

C'Mon!! I'd have to say that when it comes to American big name brands (Bud, Miller, Coors, whatever), give me a PBR over any of them. Outside of that I like the Stouts and Porters (not much on the hoppy bite of most ales except Nut Browns).

/threadjack

You know you're growing into a snob when you seeth and swear revenge on someone as you watch them trot in a 30 pack of Miller Lite to a party. Dammit, man! You couldn't even spring for the regular MGD!?! I hope you burn in hell!!!

:angry: :p

Oh No You Didn't!!!

Its called Pabst Blue Ribbon for a reason. Every sultry brown neck used to be wrapped in the subtle and ever present reminder that this fine beer was in fact awarded a blue ribbon by someone somewhere. Not to mention that it was also award a Gold Medal at the 2006 Great America Beer Fest.

In light of these new an salient points that you have over looked, how do you feel about the 2[sup]nd [/sup] place ribbon you won for macaroni art in Ms. Hobbs' third grade art class???

I drink terrible beer. PBR, Miller, Coors, Corona, etc etc.

I'm a cigar snob for sure, but for beer I'll really drink anything.... :thumbs:

Oh No You Didn't!!!

Its called Pabst Blue Ribbon for a reason. Every salutary brown neck used to be wrapped in the subtle and ever present reminder that this fine beer was in fact awarded a blue ribbon by someone somewhere. Not to mention that it was also award a Gold Medal at the 2006 Great America Beer Fest.

In light of these new an salient points that you have over looked, how do you feel about the 2[sup]nd [/sup] place ribbon you won for macaroni art in Ms. Hobbs' third grade art class???

I like PBR. Sometimes I shoot the empty cans with a BB gun. I don't know exactly what that says about me. I somehow find it amusing.

-Mark

Oh No You Didn't!!!

Its called Pabst Blue Ribbon for a reason. Every salutary brown neck used to be wrapped in the subtle and ever present reminder that this fine beer was in fact awarded a blue ribbon by someone somewhere. Not to mention that it was also award a Gold Medal at the 2006 Great America Beer Fest.

I like PBR. Sometimes I shoot the empty cans with BB gun. I don't exactly what that says about me. I somehow find it amusing.

-Mark

It says that there are rednecks everywhere, even Poland. :laugh:

Doesn't everyone have to start somewhere, you fuggin' snobs :laugh:

I'm sure all of you started off on Opus/Habanos, right?

Oh No You Didn't!!!

I like PBR. Sometimes I shoot the empty cans with BB gun. I don't exactly what that says about me. I somehow find it amusing.

-Mark

It says that there are rednecks everywhere, even Poland. :laugh:

My English skills have suffered. If I continue to write like I did above, people will think that I'm actually from Poland!

-Mark