• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Some questions from shop owners of CP

RichYhlen

I would like to know if there is any owners of cigar shops in CP there are a bunch of questions i would like to ask cause I would like to someday own a cigar shop and figured if there was any owners least I cant learn from thier mistakes. It would be most helpful on my end and also for CP in the future
Thanx guys
Rich

Yes, there are quite a few here, as you can imagine. Maybe you should just post your questions and let them decide to publicly or privately answer you. Then others who may not own a cigar shop now but have knowledge can chime in, too.

-John

I would like to know if there is any owners of cigar shops in CP there are a bunch of questions i would like to ask cause I would like to someday own a cigar shop and figured if there was any owners least I cant learn from thier mistakes. It would be most helpful on my end and also for CP in the future
Thanx guys
Rich

1) Work on the grammar.
2) Take some business courses.
3) Buy low, sell higher.
4) The customer is always right
5) Give a 100% satisfaction guarantee!

Be fair and upfront and you should do fine.

Now...what are your questions?

As one who has tried and failed, you may do well not to pay me any heed. ;)

Make sure your business plan allows for enough capital to hold some in reserve against unforeseen expenses.

Steve

I have been told over and over again, there isn't any money in cigars. Make sure you don't throw yourself headfirst on something you can't keep afloat.

I have been told over and over again, there isn't any money in cigars.
Who told you that?

You just have to do it right. Offer amazing customer service and the rest will take care of itself. Cigars have a very nice profit margin. You just need to have the right cigars for your customers. What you are going to find is that the majority of cigar smokers smoke mild cigars. Don't stock just what you like or you will be out of business before you even get going. Do your homework. Find out what your demographic is. Does the area you are thinking about already have an established cigar store? If so, what can you offer that current business doesn't? I've never owned a cigar store but I worked at one of the best for 11 years. PM with any questions you have, I should be able to answer most of them.

I have been told over and over again, there isn't any money in cigars. Make sure you don't throw yourself headfirst on something you can't keep afloat.

There is money in cigars. You have to be in a low or no tax
state to make money with out triple or quad markup

Mark

There is money in cigars. You have to be in a low or no tax
state to make money with out triple or quad markup

Mark

You make it sound like tobacco taxes are high in CA or something Mark?

:p