• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Some suggestions...

Matt R

That's #1 Member to you. :)
#1 Get rid of the Bombing forum
#2 Get rid of the Traders Comments forum
#3 Set up some kind of seperate place to post comments under a persons handle and not on the public forums. (Not sure if this can be done with this software or not)
#4 Discourage, not ban, the posting of an individual members address or personal info in their profile. It's their profile they shoudl do what they want, but maybe post a note discouraging it on the edit profile pages.
#5 Island of Cuba forum should be private access only. Participants nominated in by existing participants.
#6 Send Matt several aged cigars on a monthly basis. :)
#7 What happens at CP stays at CP unless it's so horrible that other BOTL can be affected in a negative way.
#8 I can't think of anything else.
#9 Who cares what I think.
#10 Why do we all whine about stuff like women? :thumbs:

#8 I thought of something..... All Group Buys and whatever the IGBC or whatever is, should be done with all pthe particulars by PM or e-mail. Any thread eluding to participants and dollar amounts pulled. Privacy is often a good thing.

#1 Get rid of the Bombing forum
#2 Get rid of the Traders Comments forum
Currently being discussed...well actually been being discussed for a month now.LMAO

#3 Set up some kind of seperate place to post comments under a persons handle and not on the public forums. (Not sure if this can be done with this software or not)
Don't beleive that can be done. Word of mouth has always worked here.

#4 Discourage, not ban, the posting of an individual members address or personal info in their profile. It's their profile they shoudl do what they want, but maybe post a note discouraging it on the edit profile pages.
#5 Island of Cuba forum should be private access only. Participants nominated in by existing participants.
Will add both options to our discussion. Thankyou

#6 Send Matt several aged cigars on a monthly basis.
This has ALWAYS been encouraged here at CP. You telling me you're not recieving cigars?

#8 I thought of something..... All Group Buys and whatever the IGBC or whatever is, should be done with all pthe particulars by PM or e-mail. Any thread eluding to participants and dollar amounts pulled. Privacy is often a good thing.

I'll make the call on that now. Done!!! Good idea. Thankyou.

We'll continue to look into these possiblities and others and make some forward progress on these and other issues soon.

The Mod Team

Matt R said:
I rarely do :sneaky: , but I believe I agree with Matt on all but one of his suggestions. #6 should read to send me ceegars!! :sneaky: :sneaky: I think there is some real validatity in the need to note post what was sent to and from and to be more secretive with names and addys. Just a few random remarks from someone who is wrong more times than not...

#3... CW is a similar software bundle and they have it. Word of mouth starts to run over onto the boards, which is why the Trader Comment Room was first set up. It has become a place to show off your trading abilities as of late. A post now or then praising a member for the generosity is never uncalled for, sometimes it's warranted. But, if we had some kind of comment section a person could go to without it cluttering up the forums, now that would be grand. :)

#6.. nope, haven't been receiving my rations lately. :)

And I need to add a #11... all active CP members should attend LOLH IV in October. :)

Add "robots.txt" to server as had been suggested with:
Code:
User-agent: *
Disallow: /forums/

Instead of removing bombing/traders comments/ISOM forums, perhaps just make them registered-users only.

Perhaps make a separate Group Buy/IGBC forum that is only viewable by non-newbie status users (once you are over 50 posts or whenever you reach the point of editing your own user title).

First suggestion removes all traces of forum conversation from search engines, second suggestion makes the forum look completely innocent to guests, third suggestion keeps the GB purchasing of ISOMs from all but those who actually take the time to start to establish themselves here.

I definitely agree Matt and Jeff! Thanks!

I like the idea of a private forum, at least something here can still be earned that way! ;)

Matt, I have all of your cigars, dude! LMAO

Excellent ideas Matt, even #9 :D

Oh yes, I've seen the way that CW has a separate "button" for trader's comments but 99 times out of 100 they're all good comments anyway so I don't think is accomplishes too much so I'd say just get rid of it all together.

Oh and #11 should be LAW!! It's smack dab in the heat of the campaign season for me but I don't give a crap, this year LOL Herf IV is a higher priority that any campaign so count me IN! :thumbs:

Please accept my apoligies for failing to meet the requirements of #6. I promise I'll do better in the future :p

As a relative newbie, I like seeing AIP. I understand the concern it generates, but it makes it easier to launch bombs at will.:) Would there be a way to control access to AIP's so that an admin is sent a message when an AIP is accessed? That way there's a record of who is asking for the address.

Also, as an FNG, I see no issues with a little "trial by fire". I actually expected more when I joined. That said, I'm happy that it didn't take so long to get involved with trades, splits, bombs, lotteries, etc..

In any case, I'm really glad I found CP. It's opened the doors on my cigar smoking enjoyment 100 fold. :thumbs:

Sometimes tracking down an address is made up to be harder than it actually is. You can ask almost any FOG and they probably have every address of any other FOG on the board(or can get it for you). If you need a newer members addy....you can always find a recent pass they are participating in and ask that pass originator for it...because they'll have it also. Same works for threads on group buys. It doesn't take but one PM to someone to get the addy you're looking for. Just a few other options to look at.

TheBeast said:
You can ask almost any FOG and they probably have every address of any other FOG on the board(or can get it for you).
Just so its out in the open for everyone to see........ I charge for other FOG's addie. ;)

PM me for price list! :sign:

I will beat any FOG's advertised price for FOG addies. Just forward the PM for a better deal. This offer good 7 days a week. ;)

ivan37 said:
Add "robots.txt" to server as had been suggested with:
Code:
User-agent: *
Disallow: /forums/

Instead of removing bombing/traders comments/ISOM forums, perhaps just make them registered-users only.

Perhaps make a separate Group Buy/IGBC forum that is only viewable by non-newbie status users (once you are over 50 posts or whenever you reach the point of editing your own user title).

First suggestion removes all traces of forum conversation from search engines, second suggestion makes the forum look completely innocent to guests, third suggestion keeps the GB purchasing of ISOMs from all but those who actually take the time to start to establish themselves here.
just wanted to note that traffic is the bread and butter of this and any web site.

I'm sure Rod WANTS links to CP to show up on search engines when someone is searching for "Macanudo" or "Climmax beads issues" or other non-illegal cigar related information.

So the idea is to let the spiders traverse most of the forums. Just not the proposed one that may contain subject matter that you don't want just anyone seeing. And just make the one forum off-limits to spiders and non-logged in (cookied) users.

I'm behind Bruddah Matt all the way on this except for No. 6... LOL! Man... I can't believe I actually agree with him... LMAO!

Aloha,

Wade

2 comments.
I agree with everything being said with the exception of # 6, you probably wouldn't smoke anything I have anyway Matt you snob. :sign:

I apologize to the elder members of this board, as i'm guilty of the questionable behavior on the group buy threads. It won't happen again.

Mike

Wascal said:
I apologize to the elder members of this board......
You must be talkin about Shadow. :0 :D :sign:

No apologies needed from anyone. I think the last few days has open a few people's eyes to some areas we've been ignoring. Maybe ignoring isn't the right word. Regardless, a bit of caution and discretion goes a long way.

Allofus123 said:
Wascal said:
I apologize to the elder members of this board......
You must be talkin about Shadow. :0 :D :sign:
Hey! I resemble that remark! :D :D :D :D

Matt's recommendations (ignoring #6 and #8-10 ;) ) are right on the money. :thumbs: