• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Some thoughts on Nub

They've been making cigars for three hundred years. You'd think, that if this was worth doing, it would have been done before. It's a gimmick. Plain and simple. I don't like being treated like a sucker. I ain't never smoked one and I ain't ever going to.

Doc.

They've been making cars for a hundred years...but I don't have to go out and crank start one by hand every morning.

There's room for improvement in every industry. Just as there are fans of the Volkswagen Beetle there are fans of the Nub. I find them a complex and interesting smoke and a nice change from the run-of-the-mill cigars that have been blended lately.

I was under the impression that the tobacco they used was from the sweet spot of the leaf, so it had the flavor they wanted and burned slow enough to make the cigar last as long as they say it does.

As it was explained to me, it was more about the burn than the flavor.

They've been making cigars for three hundred years. You'd think, that if this was worth doing, it would have been done before. It's a gimmick. Plain and simple. I don't like being treated like a sucker. I ain't never smoked one and I ain't ever going to.

Doc.

They've been making cars for a hundred years...but I don't have to go out and crank start one by hand every morning.

There's room for improvement in every industry. Just as there are fans of the Volkswagen Beetle there are fans of the Nub. I find them a complex and interesting smoke and a nice change from the run-of-the-mill cigars that have been blended lately.

Good for you newb. And how many cigars have you smoked in your short time on the planet.
laugh.gif
Know it all Kids drive me nuts. You're certainly entitled to voice your opinion around here, but next time, don't drag me into it.
mad.gif

Doc.

From what I understand, the concept of Nub is that the cigar is constructed entirely out of the "sweet spot" of the cigar. This confuses me mostly because the Nubs I have had all seem to develop and change as I'm smoking them as much as every other cigar does. I notice changes in flavor nuances and different notes of taste that come through as the burn makes its way toward the middle and end of the cigar. It makes sense to me that this would happen because as a cigar burns, the heat, smoke, tar, and other such compounds affect your palate (in my opinion).

So wouldn't it make sense that you just cant actually smoke only the "sweet spot" of the cigar? Doesn't the sweet spot come from the changes as it burns?

Anyone have thoughts?

...I must be in a philosophical mood tonight... :laugh:

I think they are pretty good, but like most of the guys here are saying is it does change flavors towards the end of it. and the best flavors are toward the end and you only have three to four draws to enjoy. But for a short cigar I do enjoy them from time to time.