• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Something other than Goose

golfgar

Bueller.... Bueller...... Anyone....... Anyone?
Reaction score
When having a few clears, goose has been the choice. Clean flavor, goes well with olives. There seems to be some resentment toward French products, even today 1 year after the Iraq action.

I have tried a few different vodkas, but have yet to find one that is as good as Goose. Ketel is good, Chopin is French, etc. but none seem to have the same clean taste that Goose has.

Any suggestions for a similar tasting replacement?

Don't like Chopin or Belvedere.

Something cheap? Polar Ice.

Something local? Tito's.

Something good? Ciroc.

The latter being my personal favorite. :thumbs:

Stolichnaya Crystal is top rated on a number of sites. Stoli gold is pretty good too but not quite the same as the Crystal.

If it isn't made from 'taters it ain't real vodka. Vodka from grapes is just plain wrong ;)

Actually most Vodkas are made from grain nowadays. Very few are made from "taters" :D If you want some good potato vodka look no further then Rigby, Idaho. Teton and Blue Ice are both excellent if a bit expensive :thumbs:

vewyphishy said:

Something cheap? Polar Ice.

Something local? Tito's.

Something good? Ciroc.

You are the only other person [besides myself] that I know that has tried this one.

Def. worth a shot!
It is a French vodka made from grapes and is super!

Otherwise, am a fan of SKYY's flav. line.

:thumbs:

vewyphishy said:

Something good? Ciroc.

You are the only other person [besides myself] that I know that has tried this one.

Def. worth a shot!
It is a French vodka made from grapes and is super!

Otherwise, am a fan of SKYY's flav. line.

:thumbs:

Ha anyone heard of "Three Olives" vodka? Tried it? Liked it? Disliked it?

Tried Three Olives on Saturday. Good clean taste, a little more slipery than Goose, meaning not quite as crisp, but nonethelss it is now my second favorite.

Three Olives gets my vote, I switched over from Absolute a couple of months ago.....

glass02.jpg

After going through a 1.75L bottle of Grey Goose then going through a bottle of Ketel One... I definitely prefer the Goose! After I finish this bottle of Goose I'm gonna give that 1.0L bottle of Ciroc a try!

On a separate note.... any opinions on a Vodka Martini with Bleu cheese stuffed olives? I've been using the regular jumbo spanish olives and "drunken olives" (soaked in vermouth) and have been thinking about trying the bleu cheese ones.

Aloha,

Wade

Grappa is made from the leftover husks, skins, pits and stalks of grapes after the juice is pressed out. I believe that Ciroc is made from grape juice. I guess there could be a blurring of the two.

Hanger One Vodka :D

Martini: Pour Hanger One on ice, Shake and pour in glass. Add 2 blue cheese stuffed olives. Light up a Opus FF. Relax in favorite chair! A good evening!

I really like the bleu cheese stuffed olives, perhaps even better than the jalepeno stuffed. I think they are better in vodka than gin IMO.

Stolichnaya

AVB - Love Grey Goose but would like to try Stolichnaya only I can't pronounce it to order it! Could you give me the pronunciation so I don't look stupid?? ???