• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sometimes it DOES take a Rocket Scientist!

ML237

On a prowl ...can't stop...lost my mind...up in sm
Scientists at NASA built a gun specifically to launch standard 4 pound dead chickens at the windshields of airliners, military jets and the space shuttle, all traveling at maximum velocity. The idea is to simulate the
frequent incidents of collisions with airborne fowl to test the strength of the windshields.
British engineers heard about the gun and were eager to test it on the windshields of their new high speed trains. Arrangements were made, and a gun was sent to the British engineers. When the gun was fired, the engineers stood shocked as the chicken hurled out of the barrel, crashed into the shatterproof shield, smashed it to smithereens, blasted through the control console, snapped the engineer's back-rest in two, and embedded itself in the back wall of the cabin, like an arrow shot from a bow.
The horrified Brits sent NASA the disastrous results of the experiment, along with the designs of the windshield and begged the US scientists for suggestions.

NASA responded with a one-line memo -- "Defrost the chicken."
(True Story)

Myth Busters did this one and busted it. There findings showed that there wasnt any significant difference between frozen and thawed chickens. I was surprised because i thought for sure frozen ones would do more damage. What they stated on the show was it had more to do with mass and density and frozen verse thawed was not that significant in this type of test.Not my opinion but thats what they found. Cool story though.

Myth Busters did this one and busted it. There findings showed that there wasnt any significant difference between frozen and thawed chickens. I was surprised because i thought for sure frozen ones would do more damage. What they stated on the show was it had more to do with mass and density and frozen verse thawed was not that significant in this type of test.Not my opinion but thats what they found. Cool story though.

You know the only problem I have with the mythe busters thing is not only did they screw it up the second test was somewhat inaccurate. Although the frozen chicken and the thawed chicken had the same approx force the frozen chicken is denser thus would have a smaller more concentrated impact area. The second test they conducted did nothing at all to test this. Even in the video clips the explosion radius of the chicken was less in that of the frozen over the thawed.

Just my opinion