• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sometimes maybe the grass is greener

khari

I had a few minutes of free time today so I decided to check out a few cigar and liquor stores here in NY. I wasn't really impressed with the cigar stores I saw on Long Island, but the liquor stores were a different story entirely! Lagavulin 16 for $65 (It's typically more than $85 in GA). Four Roses Single Barrel and Stolichnaya Elit readily available in stores. And here was the kicker. 6 bottles of A.H. Hirsch 16 in one store for $85 apiece! They only had one bottle and it was $120. I seriously considered cleaning this store out of their Hirsch inventory. I've only found it in one store in Atlanta.

Sounds good ..... last night the wife and I went out to dinner to a neighboring city. Next door to the restaurant was a liiquor store so we figured what the heck. Not a great great wine selection but they did have some top shelf stuff so I headed to the Bourbon/Scotch section and found an Old Van Winkle 12 yo "Lot B" for $39. I had never seen it before so figured what the heck, I'll give it a try this weekend.

:cool:

Good price on Lot B......it's one of my favorites :love:

Agreed. Lot B is really good.

100th post! Woo hoo!

with the good comes the bad. you can always bring home cheap booze, but if you lived in NY, you could not bring home the great weather we have here. that's why i've been living here for the last 11 years. prior to that i moved every 3 yrs - 4 different places. not planning on moving again unless i absolutely have to.

I couldn't agree more. Still, I make it my business to check around to see what can be purchased that I can't easily get in GA when I go back home. I plan to have another couple bottles of A.H. Hirsch by the end of the week. :thumbs: