• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sons of Anarchy Cigars

Mrepp

To boldly troll where no Troll has trolled before
So I was looking through one of the new CI mailers and I saw the New Sons Of Anarchy Cigars. I'm sure their probably terrible especially by looking at the price but I may buy a 5er for the novelty. The band looks pretty sweet and so does the humidor but I don't need any more of those lol.

Linkey: http://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigars/73878/sons-of-anarchy-by-black-crown/

cigar-image-2.jpeg

cs-bcs.jpg

I was talking to my old man about this awhile back. I'm so curious. The Soprano from CAO were pretty good, have you tried those?
Never watched the whole show. Just a few episodes.

Hilliermarcel said:
I was talking to my old man about this awhile back. I'm so curious. The Soprano from CAO were pretty good, have you tried those?
Never watched the whole show. Just a few episodes.

True the Sopranos were no bad but those where priced accordingly and actually kind of expensive. These are like 80$ - 100$ for a box of 20. I'm not going to say their arnt a couple good cigars out their for that price but with the amount they probably paid for royalties and the artwork I think these are going to be pretty terrible tasting. As for the show im not caught up on this season but yeah I'm a huge fan. I think its a great show, right up there with breaking bad.

True the Sopranos were no bad but those where priced accordingly and actually kind of expensive. These are like 80$ - 100$ for a box of 20. I'm not going to say their arnt a couple good cigars out their for that price but with the amount they probably paid for royalties and the artwork I think these are going to be pretty terrible tasting. As for the show im not caught up on this season but yeah I'm a huge fan. I think its a great show, right up there with breaking bad.[/quote]

No lie I'm finishing up season 3 of Breaking Bad and I just love the show. After BB I'm going to start SOA for sure. You're right about the price. Probably just paying for a collectors item. I haven't heard anything about Black Crown either. Usually I look for the amazing small name blends.

I had a SOA a couple of weeks ago.  I thought it wasn't bad.  Ordered a 5 pack as a gift for a friend but didn't get the humi.  Just came wrapped in cellophane.  And I'm thinking of ordering more for myself.  Not bad, imho.

I actually liked the CAO Soprano, haven't tried these yet. I will probably grab some just because I love the show(actually watching it as I'm writing this...smoking a Opus Lost City robusto). Does anyone know who makes these? I remember reading an article where Ron Pearlman said that he mostly smoked Camachos and the season where they had the guy with cigar shop gave a box of Camachos as a gift to Clay. I wonder if they had anything to do with them.

I always assume this type of thing is more of a gimmick than an actual quality product. Then again, I never tried the sopranos, so this is not an opinion based on experience with cigars named after TV shows. Now, if these were a Camachos' tribute for a show, that might be different, but the flashy SOA packaging screams, "Buy me so you can be edgy, like a biker in SOA."  Just my $0.02

After I smoked my first Soprano I ran out and got a hooker to feed me pasta..no telling what I might do if I smoke one of these...

T

MX said:
After I smoked my first Soprano I ran out and got a hooker to feed me pasta..no telling what I might do if I smoke one of these...

T
Take pics along the way if you do

Looks like the gimmick worked since they are sold out of boxes and taking back orders at CI. 

I'd buy a few just because I dig the show so much.  Having said that, it sometimes happens that these 'gimmick' smokes are pretty darn good.  Not often, but it does happen... :p  Point being, when the gimmick smokes go on fire sale for 40 cents on the dollar (yes, it will happen), they may be a decent daily burner.  Or not...probably worth a 5'er to find out.

I bought a couple from the devil site and tossed it half way in.  It completely lost what ever little flavor it had to begin with. Started off with a lot of coffee notes and went downhill from there. 

A couple guys at my local tried them and liked them.  I haven't yet, but given how much I like the show, I'll probably snag a fiver or two. Those Sopranos I thought were a bit underwhelming when released, but when distributors started blowing them out a couple years later with some age on 'em, they were outstanding imho.

~Boar

BlindedByScience said:
I'd buy a few just because I dig the show so much.  Having said that, it sometimes happens that these 'gimmick' smokes are pretty darn good.  Not often, but it does happen... :p  Point being, when the gimmick smokes go on fire sale for 40 cents on the dollar (yes, it will happen), they may be a decent daily burner.  Or not...probably worth a 5'er to find out.
Good point. I remember when the Rep was at my local shop and they were having a intro sale on Oliva V's which were pretty cheap and I actually really enjoyed them. Now they are going for double what I paid. I'll probably grab a 5 we or two. Either way it'll look good on the cigar band table I'm making.

Tall Paul said:
Looks like the gimmick worked since they are sold out of boxes and taking back orders at CI. 

They're in stock now at CI.

True the Sopranos were no bad but those where priced accordingly and actually kind of expensive. These are like 80$ - 100$ for a box of 20. I'm not going to say their arnt a couple good cigars out their for that price but with the amount they probably paid for royalties and the artwork I think these are going to be pretty terrible tasting. As for the show im not caught up on this season but yeah I'm a huge fan. I think its a great show, right up there with breaking bad.
No lie I'm finishing up season 3 of Breaking Bad and I just love the show. After BB I'm going to start SOA for sure. You're right about the price. Probably just paying for a collectors item. I haven't heard anything about Black Crown either. Usually I look for the amazing small name blends.[/quote]
I've had several of the Black Crowns and hated them all.