• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Soon to be single

It seems to be moving right along.

Checked the law firm website and it lists my status as 'Papers ready to file'.

Doesn't look like it will be a Birthday present to me, but it may be final by the time I go visit some friends in the Keys on Labor Day Weekend. Mile marker 90 here I come. :thumbs:

Best of luck to you! Sounds like it is for the best. The only piece of advice i'd give is that since it sounds like kids are involved, they should not loose a mother or a father. My parents were divorced when I was 5 or so. Both have since passed, but while they were around I could always depend on either of them, both were always in my life, and neither bad mouthed each other. As the years passed I finally understood what amazing people they were, and I'm forever grateful that both had the maturity to put whatever differences they had with each other aside when it came to me and my siblings.

This is the model that my ex-wife and I decided to follow when we were divorced nearly seven years ago. Our kids still thank us for it.

Good luck!

Good for you for talking things over and trying to keep a level head while you split things up. My parents divorced when I was about 10 (nearly 20 years ago), and they still hate each other. Of course, with an older child, that's not as much of a problem for you, but being able to agree on the money/property issues without having to sue each other over and over will make your post-married life much easier. Best of luck to you...

I just went through almost the exact same thing this past year. You seem to have your head in the right place. Good luck, it only gets better from here!

Been there done that, It definitely gets better.. My second wife now was my high school sweetheart, things work out.

Well, just received the Final Judgment of Dissolution in the mail today. Looks like as of August 12th, I've been officially divorced. So it seems that I was a single man on my birthday last Thursday. Not that I needed to be... :(

Guess it's really over and I need to put that part of my life in the past and move forward.

What you are going through is very tough. Work at keeping your mind occupied. Find things to do with your friends, or go do the things you like, like golfing or riding or whatever. You will meet new people, some will surprise you how wonderful they are. Things absolutely do get better, sometimes only a very little, every day.
All of us here that have been on that side of the coin truly feel your pain. We all made it, and you will too. Good things ;) come to good people!

Edut fur spelig

Guess it's really over and I need to put that part of my life in the past and move forward.
Now all you have to do is START believing what you just wrote....which is VERY hard brother.

As my Mother always says, "Time heals all wounds". Some just take longer than others....

I know this is an old post but hope things are progressing well for you brother. At 36 I am getting more and more turned off by the idea of getting married. At all. The dating game has its ups and down but at least I can get out without all the bull. Who knows...maybe I'll walk out tonight...meet the woman of my dreams and this post will be for naught. YEAH RIGHT!! LOL

Having just gone through this myself....you got off cheap.....good luck in your new beginning bro. :thumbs:

I hope you are doing well. Horrible thing but as you said, this too shall pass. Be on the lookout and don't let your guard down, you may have some ups and downs coming. Sometimes grief is delayed, don't let it blindside you.

I went through something similar and quite some time later, I started exhibiting self destructive behaviors. Excessive alcohol use, one night stands, poor work performance and reckless financial decisions. I thought I was fine.