• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Soprano's

wildcatboy

CAO released a Soprano's cigar sometime around 2005. I know this cigar may seem like a novelty but I have smoked many and always seem to come back to this one.
My question is...Does anyone know of a cigar of similar make/flavor?

Filler: Nicaragua, Dominican Republic, and Columbia
Binder: Honduran
Wrapper: Brazilian Maduro

The Soprano's are $10-15, which I don't mind paying for a good cigar. The problem is...since Soprano's has ended and CAO has changed hands, they no longer make these cigars. In turn they are becoming harder and harder to find. I am looking to find something similar that I can replace it with.

I'd recommend the Torano exodus 1959 50 year. This is the one with the copper band. I actually like it much better than the soprano, but it will be similar. After all, the Toranos use to make them.

I'd also recommend trying some Illusiones, if you haven't. They're not an exact match by any means, but if you like the Soprano you should also like Illusiones. Very similar body, and not entirely dissimilar flavor profile.

~Boar

Shit man, my old B&M in Oregon has a ton of those sopranos just sitting there...

IIRC they can still be found online as well at CI or maybe even Holtz.....

Tim

Thanks everyone for the quick replies.
I 'm excited to try out the Torano exodus and Illusiones. I'm always eager to try a new smoke, especially if it has potential to become my 'go to'.
I have found the Soprano's online at a handful of sites, but I always find myself wanting to smoke one and can't seem to find one in the humidor. :(
So it would be nice to find a similar cigar that I could run to the local cigar shop instead of waiting for a package in the mail.

I appreciate all your recommendations...I now have a few sticks to try out this weekend. ;)