• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sosa Cigars

okiesmoke

I'm going to Disney World in about four weeks and from using our friend SEARCH the concensus seems that at Walt's Place they're way overpriced but I've never been able to find any at any of my local B&Ms.

I've resolved to pick up a few to try while I'm there and I didn't know if you guys could point to some decent smokes.

One review, I can't remember now, spoke of expresso notes and spice on the end, this sounds right up my alley!

Happy New Year!!!

I was there last week but I can't help you with the prices. You see the Sosa line of cigars were on the shelves below the Opus X's and Anejos and I was unable to break my vision from the upper rows.

sigh.... I am weak with Fuentes near.. :blush:

I always hit Sosa when I'm in Orlando. They have some pretty nice cigars -- a few with 90 ratings -- and some good things in their less expensive lines, too. I like the family selection torpedo. But two pieces of advice: Hit the Sosa Cigar Bar in Pleasure Island -- I think it is called Fuerte -- and make sure you go to Corona Cigars, which is nearby and sort of Disneyland for Brothers of the Leaf. http://www.coronacigar.com/events/index.asp HUGE place -- the entire thing is a humidor, so you can just wander about, and they always have rows of cigars I've never seen before. Recommended.

Hope that helps.

cjf

I'm going to Disney World in about four weeks and from using our friend SEARCH the concensus seems that at Walt's Place they're way overpriced but I've never been able to find any at any of my local B&Ms.

I've resolved to pick up a few to try while I'm there and I didn't know if you guys could point to some decent smokes.

One review, I can't remember now, spoke of expresso notes and spice on the end, this sounds right up my alley!

Happy New Year!!!

I always hit Sosa when I'm in Orlando. They have some pretty nice cigars -- a few with 90 ratings -- and some good things in their less expensive lines, too. I like the family selection torpedo. But two pieces of advice: Hit the Sosa Cigar Bar in Pleasure Island -- I think it is called Fuerte -- and make sure you go to Corona Cigars, which is nearby and sort of Disneyland for Brothers of the Leaf. http://www.coronacigar.com/events/index.asp HUGE place -- the entire thing is a humidor, so you can just wander about, and they always have rows of cigars I've never seen before. Recommended.

Hope that helps.

cjf

Happy New Year!!!

Was just in Orlando with family and made it to Sosa Cigars in Downtown Disney and then to the cigar bar on Pleasure Island. I purchased a Sosa Maduro for about $6.00 and have to say it was a pretty damn good cigar! I was pleasantly surprised and wish I had bought more. But alas, after a vodka tonic, three Mojitos, and a Booker's with one rock and just didn't make it back to buy more. :sign:

If you are ever in Downtown Disney, pick up a few Sosa cigars and try them out. :thumbs:

I'll be there next week, perhaps I'll have to give one a try.

I'll be there next week, perhaps I'll have to give one a try.

What a coincidence! I'll be there Tuesday or Wednesday. Hope they stil have some of those Old Man's Hand Rolled's ... those are something different.

Have a great trip!

cjf

I'll be going again next month. I'm not sure if the old man is there anymore or not, but maybe his son is rolling?

Definitely going to stop by...at least twice!

I picked up a Sosa Wavell Maduro when I was in Destin a few weeks ago, and I've been looking forward to trying it. Anyone have any experiences they'd like to share?

Don't know. But I bought a few of the hand rolls about 14 months ago, and I'm gonna try again this week.

cjf

I'll be going again next month. I'm not sure if the old man is there anymore or not, but maybe his son is rolling?

Definitely going to stop by...at least twice!