• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sous Vide venison backstrap with Bearnaise.

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
I'm sure a lot of hunters already know this but Bearnaise sauce is an amazing compliment to venison. There are just some flavors that do wonders for each other and this is a great combination.

I vacuum seal the backstrap with a basic dry rub of turmeric, coriander, paprika, season salt, and black pepper, lots of sugar in the raw, and freeze it.

Remove it from the freezer to come up to temp and then cook it sous vide at 120 for 50-70 minutes depending on the bulk of the backstrap.

I make the Bearnaise while the sous vide is cooking.

Light the grill at the time which will allow the grill to achieve nuclear hot right at the time the sous vide is done.

Sear the backstrap on all sides and slice it into medallions and serve with the Bearnaise.

The more rare you eat venison, the better it is because there is a chemical reaction which toughens the meat and brings out any gamey taste when it gets too hot.

Backstrap.jpg

Damn that looks good... if I ate meat, I would love to try it... I’ve been plant based for about 2 years now, with occasional seafood...

OMG! I’m so hungry! That looks good!!

speaking of venison.... You didn’t forget about me and my request for several hot pepper cheese sausage did you?

Hm. I think we have a backstrap left in the freezer, can you share your recipie for the Bearnaise?

OMG! I’m so hungry! That looks good!!

speaking of venison.... You didn’t forget about me and my request for several hot pepper cheese sausage did you?
I didn't forget. However, the butcher that makes it for me is in Ohio and I donated the two doe I shot in Ohio bow season. I butchered the two doe I shot in Pa. I "assumed" I would get another deer in Ohio's late season or muzzle-loader but I didn't.

But never fear, I will have some for you when you come up.

I hunted the main season in Pa. and let someone use my main stand in Ohio. He shot this little fella at 7:15 the first morning.

1617103937542.png

Hm. I think we have a backstrap left in the freezer, can you share your recipie for the Bearnaise?
I've made it from scratch before and quite frankly, this is just as good and way more convenient.

Let me know how you like it?

1617104048197.png