• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Special forces to use strap-on 'Batwings'

BrewMeister

The Titus Pullo of CP

Hello all,

I first received this info from an old Army buddy and thought it was a hoax. However, after some research it appears to be genuine. Basically, a solider can jump from 33,000 feet, carry 200 pounds of gear/ordinance, and land 125 miles away, undetected. Pretty wild... anyone else every heard of it?

batwing.jpg

batman070606_546x600.jpg

More info linky.

I saw these on another site, quite amazing, someone said it reminds them of the flying monkeys off the wizard of oz, I would have to agree to an extent.

Whoa, they never had those back when I was jumping out of planes. Can you imagine how that would feel? Hell, I'd love to give it a shot!

You know how if you fly a kite and it catches the wind the wrong way and divebombs into the ground..I wonder how easily this could happen with the "strap-ons"?

If so that is scary stuff

I doubt any human other than Buck Rogers will be flying it. I did everything the Navy asked of me, but I would NOT have strapped this thing on, except to pose for photos.

Actually, it has been tried, but is not in operational use right now. Still as an adrenaline junkie, I'd "strap" it on.

I marvel at what's out there we don't know about yet?

How long was the SR-71 in the air before "official" news leaked out 10-15-20 years???

It's good to be American!

Especially an American living in Florida! :cool:

yah german developed but will be awhile before we adopt that....