• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Spirits Pass Review Thread

One of my favorite Ryes already for 2021.

It will pretend to be high proof, and it’s not low at 100, but the rye and 100 proof fool you into thinking it’s around 105-110. I’m really loving what Old Elk is doing, their entire line is worthy.

Great review @CgarDan , and I concur with your thoughts.

6A24B821-0412-40E5-B886-85F262E93C90.jpeg

One of my favorite Ryes already for 2021.

It will pretend to be high proof, and it’s not low at 100, but the rye and 100 proof fool you into thinking it’s around 105-110. I’m really loving what Old Elk is doing, their entire line is worthy.

Great review @CgarDan , and I concur with your thoughts.

View attachment 38468

Thanks for the opportunity to review these. I am totally on the hunt for this last bottle.

will take a bit of a break and then review the 3 I picked.
By the way what are your thought on that barrel ?

Thanks for the opportunity to review these. I am totally on the hunt for this last bottle.

will take a bit of a break and then review the 3 I picked.
By the way what are your thought on that barrel ?

So I still have the Rhetoric 23 to go. I'm going to do a side by side review with my Rhetoric 25.

I loved the Redemption Rye 10 as I told you, just awesome in my opinion.

Unfortunately, the Barrel did not hit me right. I know they have a variety of stuff, so I'll try another, but that one just had too much of a Scotch profile to me.

I drank through half a bottle of barrel and still don’t know how I feel about it. Well I know I will not buy this particular release and hope it’s not representative of their other editions

Tonight pour is Elijah Craig Toasted Barrel

0227466F-BBC6-4048-B96A-922BEA65111B.jpeg

Deep amber color. 😍

Aroma is typical Elijah Craig with caramel sweetness some citrusy undertones woody with the hint of that toasty process

Taste is fantastic. Enough said.

now who knows where I can get this bottle at or close to retail. Its around $175 in my market

View attachment 38658

Deep amber color. 😍

Aroma is typical Elijah Craig with caramel sweetness some citrusy undertones woody with the hint of that toasty process

now who knows where I can get this bottle at or close to retail. Its around $175 in my market
Great bottle and yeah almost impossible to find here as well. Rumor is that it’ll start being regularly available later this year

Rhetoric 25

AA34A7A1-E85C-4818-B3E3-D155BE3F5458.jpeg

aroma: caramel, toffee, citrus

taste: orange bitters, wood, baking spices with a bit of dark chocolate

goes down with a smooth heat

min my opinion very similar to the 23 Wyatt curious what you think @Brickhouse

View attachment 38658

Deep amber color. 😍

This stuff is truly amazing, I’m glad you agree. I’m on my second bottle now, but flew through the first. I’ll have to be more strict on this bottle, I can’t find it anywhere.

H Taylor single barrel

5DEFBDEC-15EC-404F-80C2-BCF85A3972E9.jpeg

aroma : caramel, orange peel, oak

Palate. Oaky, a bit smoky, proof is nicely complemented by the flavor profile

Spice and a bit of dark chocolate come out mid palate

finish is smooth and long lasting.
This is the last but definitely of the great tasting bottles.
Thanks again for the opportunity @Brickhouse 👍