• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Spitting while smoking

I'm a spitter. Actually, almost every cigar, with or without a beverage, I usually have to spit at least 2-3 times. High-volumn smokes will have me spitting every other draw or so. Early on when I first found the hobby, I wasn't spitting at all, and any but the mildest cigars would get me nauseus - but then I found I was a heavy salivator and was swallowing all that excess junk, so now I use a spit bottle like most dip-users. About the only times I don't spit is when I'm smoking a low-medium volumn cigaar and Herfing it up with a few B/SOTLs. Then I'm talking more and not holding the smoke for flavor as often and I don't salivate quite as much.

I also spit, if I am outside and not at someones house of course. I do it to not get nic sickness because I am pretty succeptable (sp?) to it.

I used to spit while having sex until one day I spat some food into my wife's eye, blinded her, ruined the sex, now I don't spit anymore.

What a strange question ???

Brian :laugh: :laugh:

I never spit. Even when I used to smoke cigarettes, I never spit. I am actually always wanting something to drink...even if it's just water...seems that smoking makes my mouth more dry if anything. I have a friend who spits every 2 minutes when he smokes. Pretty much grosses me out. I think if someone gathered a spit pool on my porch I would be reluctant to have them back over for any herfing.

I have a friend who spits every 2 minutes when he smokes. Pretty much grosses me out. I think if someone gathered a spit pool on my porch I would be reluctant to have them back over for any herfing.

X2, my feeling exactly

I'm glad it's not just me. When I sit out back I spit a lot, big pool next to the porch and my wife hates it, dog loves it. I too have no problem with the spitting if I have a drink with some flavor. As far as smoking in the car, I have one of those ashtray cups I take when I travel so I can smoke in the rental, I can also spit in it. I don't smoke in my own car though.

I spit all the time when smoking. I thought it was just me, I will never be able to go to a cigar bar due to my spitting....lol

Hmmm--I never get the urge to spit while smoking. I find it interesting that some do.

Only thing I can figure is that since I chew tobacco occasionaly and have for years, that its just a reflex from the tobacco taste.

very inquisitive... I just kinda spit to spit but if I can come on a forum and learn why I spit or take a shit after I eat then I'm in a good place.

Some of us drool , too. I do both.

I spit more from smoking a cheaper cigar than I do the premium ones.