• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Springfield Armory XD owners

As some already know I have recently purchased this handgun. My question is:

Do any of you XD owners carry concealed and if so, what holster do you use?

I am looking for a decent holster for the gun to be used in a concealed capacity.

My Kimber 1911 is my primary carry weapon but would like to carry the XD once in awhile but the plastic holster that came with the gun is junk.

Thanks.

Myself, and a couple other guys I know use these holsters to carry a weapon concealed. Although I am not the biggest fan of Bianchi, this little holster actually isn't that bad. They don't manufacture one specifically for the XD, but a friend of mine just uses the "Glock" version as they are adjustable according to frame length, etc. Pretty decent holster for inside-the-waistband carry in the front, or in the small of your back.

http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0059349290579a.shtml

Good luck.

I don't carry an XD, but I do carry concealed everyday. For your XD you might want to look into the Raven Concealment Phantom Linky. I have one for my Glock 19 and have liked it better than other kydex models I have used. If you are going with leather, a Milt Sparks Versa Max II is the only way to fly.

My Kimber 1911 is my primary carry weapon but would like to carry the XD once in awhile but the plastic holster that came with the gun is junk.

Thanks.

Good man. I have a Kimber 1911 also. Still have not went and got the CCW though.

Buddy of mine uses one of these for a 1911, apparently they can fit the XD as well though.

Linky

Edit to add.

I just bought a Galco inside waist band for $23. I will let you know how it works out...

My primary carry is a Kimber CDP II in a Galco ankle glove or Don Hume JIT Slide. I'm a bigger guy and not a fan of the kydex and IWB pinches too much. I used to carry a G30 in a JIT Slide also.

My primary carry is a Kimber CDP II in a Galco ankle glove or Don Hume JIT Slide. I'm a bigger guy and not a fan of the kydex and IWB pinches too much. I used to carry a G30 in a JIT Slide also.

You carry your Kimber on your ankle?

It must be the Ultra CDP right? I have the Pro CDP II and no way could I carry that on my ankle!

Yeah, it's the Ultra :laugh:

the only real reason I got the Ankle Glove was so I could carry while working. I couldn't carry on the hip while working on cars as I was afraid of scuffing a customers car. After carrying for a while with the ankle glove I really liked it. Nobody suspects I have a .45 there either.

I just bought a Galco inside waist band for $23. I will let you know how it works out...

I also just bought a new Galco leather inside waist band. The leather is stiff but after having the XD in for a few days it loosened up just fine. It's more comfortable then the plastic one I used to have that broke. I recommend that one.

In case anybody cares :laugh: I ordered up a Galco leather holster. I liked the Milt Sparks but the back log is kinda crazy right now. They stopped taking orders until march!

I've heard good things about Galco so......... :cool: :thumbs:

I also just bought a new Galco leather inside waist band. The leather is stiff but after having the XD in for a few days it loosened up just fine. It's more comfortable then the plastic one I used to have that broke. I recommend that one.

Ok, got it, wore it, loved it.

Yes, the backlog is there. We ordered 2, each took 3+ weeks to get.

I own several Springfield Armory weapons. Ok..I have the Milspec 1911-A1 .45 ACP, XD-9, and finally the XDM 9mm. I carry all of them concealed. I had to lose weight so its easier to conceal them. I had a paddle holster that came with the XDM and I'm at the point now that I can put it on the inside of the pants at the hip. The holster isn't designed to do that so I went to the local gun shop and was looking at some leather paddle holsters in a catalog they have. I haven't bought one of them yet but will in the next month or two.

I typically will have 2 to 4 guns concealed on me at all times. :D

I don't own a Springfield XD, however my CCW holster of choice is Fobus. When I carry (though not in the current state I live in unfortunatley) I have my Glock in a Fobus Roto Paddle Holster which I'm happy with. I also use the fobus holster for almost all of my carry guns. They make a holster for the xd. I prefer the fobus since you can change the cant and you don't have to have a belt on while carrying and it's quickly removable (plus the gun stays in place due to the molding to the particular gun).