• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

St. Louis Cardinals

CoventryCat86

Corresponding authority
:whistling:

Having an awfully hard time clinching that ole NL Central Division this year, eh?

:laugh:

It's good to have a humbling experience just prior to the playoffs.

...that's the best excuse I can come up with.

:0 :0 :0 :0 :0

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The first time the Astros have EVER swept a four game series from the Cardinals.

:sign:

Well, the Cardinals last seven games are all home and the Astros last seven are all away. :0

All the Cardinals really have to do is win two or three of their last seven because I see Houston losing at least two of their last seven.

However, three of the Cardinals games are against San Diego who's on fire then they have four with the Brewers who are also playing well as of late. The Brewers just took four from the Giants, have tomorrow off then get to punish the hapless Cubs on Tuesday and Wednesday. :laugh:

The Astros have to go to Philadelphia tomorrow for a one game make up and we have a rookie starter going tomorrow against a pretty good Phillies pitcher. We then go to Pittsburgh for three and finish up in Atlanta with three. We've done well against both of them this year. It will be a miracle if we beat Philadelphia tomorrow....

I was actually entertaining the idea of flying to Houston for the game tonight to see what may have been the last time Clemens ever pitches at Minute Maid Park but I chickened out, DAMN I wish I went!

I'm a San Diego fan for the next three days. :laugh:

GO PADRES !!!

Monday:
Houston 5, Philadelphia 4
San Diego 6, St. Louis 5

Six day ago, the Astros were 8 1/2 game out and on life support. After today's games, the Astros are only 2 1/2 behind the Cardinals.

The Astros used NINE pitchers against the Phillies tonight. :0

The coin flip was done today and if there is a one game playoff between the Astros and the Cardinals, it will be in Houston on Tuesday, October 3rd since St. Louis will have to make up their game with the Giants on Monday, October 2nd. :)

I told my ex-wife she better contact her sister in Dallas and tell her to keep all sharp objects and firearms out of the reach of her Cardinals fan husband for the next week or so. :laugh:

It's depressing. Edmonds is back though, so I look for the offense to improve.

I think 2 1/2 is as close as your gettin' :)

Quite possible but my guess is that four days ago, you would have told me that "6 1/2 is as close as you're gettin'" (BTW it's "YOU'RE" not "YOUR" :sign: )

The Cardinals have Carpenter going tomorrow BUT San Diego is countering with Woody Williams :0 Young is pitching for the Padres on Wednesday so you're going to have your hands full. ;) (Please take note of the proper use of "you're" and "your" in that sentence... :D :D :D )

On the other hand, the Astros get to play the Pirates for the next three days (who pretty much SUCK), we've got Pettitte going tomorrow, Hirsh on Wednesday and Oswalt on Thursday. Probably Hirsh's best outing of the year was against Pittsburgh and Oswalt hasn't lost a game in September or given up more than three runs in a game since early August. I don't even need to do a sales job on Pettitte......

Odds are St. Louis will be lucky if they have a 1 1/2 game lead after Thursday's games..... :whistling:

Edmonds may be back but he's still not 100%, Eckstein's OUT for the Padres series and Isringhausen is done for the year.

Astros%20Banner_small.jpg

Gotta pull for the Stros in this race, just love watching the Rocket pitch. This year when he made his return I watched every pitch, and then subsequent games I watched and DVRed every game he pitched that was on tv. I hope he gets to pitch in the post season this year if indeed it is his last. I know its unlikely but I can still hope.

CYG

NO PITCHING! We have no pitching. A bunch of rag arms in the pen and only one quality starter. If we even get to playoffs it will be a short series for sure. No home field advantages.

And I thought the Reds collapse was bad.

The Cards still have a shot at winning the division but do they really deserve it after a 6 game losing streak with 7 to go? I suppose if you win you deserve it.

Carpenter tonight. The way things have been going there will probably be no run support. :laugh:

The Cardinals website had the fan question "Who should be the primary closer?" for a fan vote. See here. I think the only answer is "someone else" and the Cards do not have "someone else". :laugh:

Tuesday:

Houston 7, Pittsburgh 4
San Diego 7, St. Louis 5

Care to give us another prediction? :laugh:

Hell, even the Reds are back in this race now. :0

Just sit back and watch my Padres. Light one up and enjoy the best team in the national league. :cool:

Astros always do well when under pressure to win. I think they can pull it off. We'll see them and the Padres in the playoffs.

Just sit back and watch my Padres. Light one up and enjoy the best team in the national league. :cool:

I dunno, I'd say the New York Mets think otherwise. :D

Padres have won SIX in a row, c'mon guys MAKE IT SEVEN!!! :thumbs:

Okay, well the Astros came up one game short but this is a thread about the CARDINALS, right?

So let's talk about the Cardinals!! :thumbs:

Well, for starters they made a GREAT decision NOT using Chris Carpenter in game #162 against the Brewers saving him for the potential make up game with the Giants on Monday, October 2nd IF my Astros had actually WON :( on Sunday but they didn't. Okay so NOW the Cardinals have Carpenter ready for Game 1 of the NLDS :thumbs: Once again, GREAT MOVE by Tony LaRussa.

The Padres/Cardinals match up is the same as last year EXCEPT the Padres have "home field" advantage so the first two games of the five game series are in San Diego. I actually like this scenario (one that the Astros are usually in :laugh: ) because if you WIN game #1 on the road, you now have the upper hand.

So guess what? The Cardinals WON game #1 in San Diego behind Chris Carpenter and the Padres worst nightmare Albert Pujols :laugh: and tomorrow, they're starting Jeff Weaver who has an awesome road record. If the series goes to game five (which would be in San Diego) this will be Weaver's turn in the rotation. :thumbs:

I'm tellin' ya, the Padres are in T R O U B L E :0 :0 :0

Suppan and Marquis will pitch games #3 & #4 that is if a game #4 is necessary. :sign: