• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

St. Louis Cardinals

Well the game started at 2300hrs my time, so I was only able to catch the first 4 1/2 innings before I had to rack out.

But from what I saw on the recaps on Sportscenter, I saw the best part. Carpenter looked good as always.

Looking forward to the next few games.

Well, the Padres are DONE! :0

St. Louis won both games against the Padres in San Diego and the series heads to Busch Stadium on Saturday.

What's the Cardinals' record lately against the Padres in NLDS play, say over the last few years or so? Anyone know? Now I may be wrong here but I think it's 8-0. :0 :sign:

seal.jpg

By the way, the Cardinals are 10-1 at home since they started the Division Series format.

What's the Cardinals' record lately against the Padres in NLDS play, say over the last few years or so? Anyone know? Now I may be wrong here but I think it's 8-0. :0 :sign:

I was gonna guess 9-0, but yeah, the point is made, hehe.

Wow, very surprised by the pitching so far for the Cards in the post season. If they can keep their bullpen rolling and keep knocking in a few, they'll do well.

Glad they're heading back to Busch, looking forward to a sweep.

Wow, very surprised by the pitching so far for the Cards in the post season. If they can keep their bullpen rolling and keep knocking in a few, they'll do well.

Remember it is only the Padres.

Yeah golfgar

We know our Redbirds..They could implode at any moment, I hope not but you know as well as I that Tony always makes it interesting on some of the moves he does. Any yes everyone it is ONLY the Padres, if they get to play aginst the Mets then they will be out and we will have to start to watch Hockey..

Arlo

Yeah golfgar

We know our Redbirds..They could implode at any moment, I hope not but you know as well as I that Tony always makes it interesting on some of the moves he does. Any yes everyone it is ONLY the Padres, if they get to play aginst the Mets then they will be out and we will have to start to watch Hockey..

Arlo

Gezuz, oh ye of little faith!! :laugh:

So okay, Carpenter wasn't exactly "on" tonight but I'd take him for the Astros pitching staff any day of the week, the guy is freakin' awesome! You Cardinals fans seem to think Cardinals' pitching isn't all that great but it really isn't all that bad either so no more whining from now on, okay? :D

Josh Hancock was REALLY upset with himself for giving up that hit in the sixth that put the Mets up 6-4 but it wasn't really that bad of a pitch. No problem, I wasn't too worried. Flores, Kinney, Johnson and Wainwright got the job done! (yeah, I know many of you are saying "WHO?" but the bottom line is they held one of the best offenses in the National League scoreless for the rest of the game!).

Whadda think about So Taguchi? :laugh: He's was put in for defensive purposes and in the top of the 9th, he has to face Billy Wagner :0 Wagner's first two pitches put him in the hole 0-2. Now I'm a huge Billy Wagner fan however, I'm rooting for St. Louis in this series but I can see the handwriting on the wall....but wait, Taguchi battles back to 3-2 then sends one out of the park!!!! :0 :0 :0 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Then Pujols and Spezio give Wagner more heartburn. :p

Great win for the Cardinals. :thumbs: Now they go home with an advantage as it's now a five game series with three in St. Louis. :thumbs:

I say the Cardinals are going to the World Series and will give Detroit a run for their money, especially if they can split the first two in Detroit.

It's the Cardinals' year baby!!! :thumbs:

I say the Cardinals are going to the World Series and will give Detroit a run for their money, especially if they can split the first two in Detroit.

It's the Cardinals' year baby!!! :thumbs:

WooHoo! Great update CC. The games weren't on here last night because of a power outtage and I still didn't know who won, good run down, lol.

Sounds like it was a great game.

The Cards are looking better and better, but let's hope they can stay healthy.

They have a chance now at overcoming the Mets. Weaver (a rejected retread, who is just the kind of pitcher Dave Duncan thrives on turning around)pitched a great game on Thursday! The bullpen did its job and the Cards did not score any runs. It is hard to win when you don't score. If the pitching can hold the Mets scoring down the Cards have a chance. I refuse to look any further ahead than this series. I think it is interesting, Division series, 2 sweeps, 2 series with 1 loss by the victors, the Tigers look like they are in a position to sweep the A's. As of yet no nail-biting, stomach turning series.

I am going to the game tonight and am going to try and find a fake little red beard thingy to wear.

I should have made a Yogi Berra (a St. Louis native) type statement....99.9% of the time you don't win when you don't score. :laugh:

I think I'm going to jump off a bridge. With Oliver Perez on the hill tonight I say the birds go up 3-1. This is the collapse I have been dreading all year. Go Mets!

You all know I'm a Yankees fan but the wife is a big time Mets fan. We watched the whole game last night and I'll tell you, it was a home run derby of sorts. Congrats to the Mets and I hope they take game 5 tonight as well...... :) :thumbs: :cool:

You all know I'm a Yankees fan but the wife is a big time Mets fan. We watched the whole game last night and I'll tell you, it was a home run derby of sorts. Congrats to the Mets and I hope they take game 5 tonight as well...... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Congratulate the Mets on another thread please, this is a Cardinals thread. :laugh:

Congratulate the Mets on another thread please, this is a Cardinals thread. :laugh:
LOL Man I don't know about Pujols, he isn't playing up to his standard. This is the playoff of the pitching least. No one wants to win this thing. I say Mets in seven.

Now Charlie, I KNOW deep down inside you're a Massachusetts boy (speaking of which, I was in Maynard last weekend) and you're REALLY a Red Sox fan so that's okay, you don't have to hide it anymore. :D

I also like the Mets which is why this is a tough series for me but I like the Cardinals a little better. No matter what, I'll be rooting for the NL in the World Series BUT even in Detriot wins (which it looks like they will) it's kind of nice to see the Tigers in it for the first time in a long time especially considering they set a record for losses in the American League only a few years ago. :0 A very nice turnaround for them. :thumbs:

Uggg....it pains me that "watching the series" for me consists of logging on to the net in the morning, going to ESPN.com and reading the headlines, but it is what it is.

I didn't read the details, but I see we got a game 7 on our hands.

GO CARDS!!!

Cardinals in SIX!! :thumbs:
cough(bullshit)cough
:laugh:

Okay, Cardinals in SEVEN! :thumbs:

I dunno who the Mets are going to use for a starting pitcher tomorrow but Suppan is going for the Red Birds. :thumbs:

If freakin' Spezio coulda caught that damn ball for the third out, the Mets would not have scored two runs in the 7th. :( Ole Billy Wagner got knocked around yet AGAIN :0 So Taguchi is DA MAN! :thumbs:

This is the Cardinals year. ;)

Well, it's down tonight for the decision and game 7. I'd like to see the Mets advance and get into the World Series. CC, what were you doin' in Maynard? That's my ole' stompin' grounds right there on Rt 117 / Waltham St. I haven't been up there in over 10 years but knowin' that place, it hasn't changed that much....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Oliver Perez starts for the Mets again. I'm nervous as hell about that. When a 3-13 pitcher starts game 7 of the NLCS all is not well in Queens.