• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

St. Louis Cardinals

CoventryCat86

Corresponding authority
Most of you know I'm a huge Houston Astros fan but let's face it, this is just NOT our year.... :(

Now, you'd think I'd automatically not like the Cardinals BUT that is not the case with me at all, I've always had a great deal of respect for the Cardinals, their players, their organization and especially the manager Tony La Russa. I also have fond memories of Jose Oqueñdo (the third base coach) when he used to play for the Mets back in the 1980s. I was very happy when they won the World Series last year!

So the Cardinals have had a very tough year with injuries most notably their pitching ace Chris Carpenter being out for the year. :(

I've been trading PMs with golfgar (HUGE Cardinals fan :D ) lately as the Cardinals have crept closer and closer to the top of the NL Central. :thumbs: The Brewers got of to a fantastic start in April and ever since then have been playing .500 or sub .500 baseball and by default, the hapless Cubs :rolleyes: backed into first place. We all know that won't last for long.... :whistling: I have to laugh every time I watch a Cubs or Brewers game with their lame announcers talking about how "great" their teams are this year, what a JOKE! :laugh: Hey, you're only THREE games over .500 so talking like you're a New York Yankees caliber team is laughable. :laugh: The Brewers do have some fairly impressive offense, Fielder and Braun come to mind right away and the pitching isn't too shabby but for some reason (errors, bad base running, etc.) the "Brew Crew" isn't winning they way they should or the way their dopey announcers think they are. The Cubs are well, they're the Cubs so that pretty much counts them out. :sign:

So as I told golfgar a month or two ago,

THE CARDINALS WILL WIN THE NL CENTRAL IN 2007.

Okay, how about it you Cubs and Brewers fans, whadda think? :laugh:

Huge Cubbie fan this year. The Cubs are not a very good team right now. They are going to back into the playoffs based on the Brewers having no bullpen or starting pitching. They suck on the road.

They Cards lost Roln and Encarnacion for the season. They also have Zero days off for the rest of the year.

They Cubs have a way easier schedule the rest of the way. The Cubs will win the division by about 3 games but then get beat pretty badly in the first round of the playoffs.

I'm a huge Cubbie fan but I know this team isn't all that good. Soriano needs to get into the 5 hole, and Theriot needs to leadoff with Derosa in the two hole. Big Z needs to get his head back on or the Cubs will blow their chances at a play off run.

Go Cubbies

Most of you know I'm a huge Houston Astros fan but let's face it, this is just NOT our year.... :(

Now, you'd think I'd automatically not like the Cardinals BUT that is not the case with me at all, I've always had a great deal of respect for the Cardinals, their players, their organization and especially the manager Tony La Russa. I also have fond memories of Jose Oqueñdo (the third base coach) when he used to play for the Mets back in the 1980s. I was very happy when they won the World Series last year!

So the Cardinals have had a very tough year with injuries most notably their pitching ace Chris Carpenter being out for the year. :(

I've been trading PMs with golfgar (HUGE Cardinals fan :D ) lately as the Cardinals have crept closer and closer to the top of the NL Central. :thumbs: The Brewers got of to a fantastic start in April and ever since then have been playing .500 or sub .500 baseball and by default, the hapless Cubs :rolleyes: backed into first place. We all know that won't last for long.... :whistling: I have to laugh every time I watch a Cubs or Brewers game with their lame announcers talking about how "great" their teams are this year, what a JOKE! :laugh: Hey, you're only THREE games over .500 so talking like you're a New York Yankees caliber team is laughable. :laugh: The Brewers do have some fairly impressive offense, Fielder and Braun come to mind right away and the pitching isn't too shabby but for some reason (errors, bad base running, etc.) the "Brew Crew" isn't winning they way they should or the way their dopey announcers think they are. The Cubs are well, they're the Cubs so that pretty much counts them out. :sign:

So as I told golfgar a month or two ago,

THE CARDINALS WILL WIN THE NL CENTRAL IN 2007.

Okay, how about it you Cubs and Brewers fans, whadda think? :laugh:
Fishing are we? :laugh:

Cubbies have FIVE left with the Cardinals (four in St. Louis).

The Cubbies also have six left with the Reds. The Cubs have lost seven of twelve to the Reds this year.

The Cubbies can't seem to figure out how to score very many runs these days........

I just don't see them winning the divison. In fact, I see them finishing third, maybe even fourth if the Astros or the Reds get it in gear for the last three weeks. :laugh:

Cubs win the central, hands down. Cards dont have the staff to win it.

The curse of the billy goat will stop cubs from winning.

Is this the curse of which you speak?

CubsSuck.jpg

Well so far tonight, the Cubs and the Brewers are getting their asses kicked. The Cardinals/Diamondbacks game doesn't start for about another hour and if the Cardinals win, there will be a three way tie for first. :0

Pardon the threadjack, but since your pm box is always full, what is with the Pratt & Whitney Eagle in the Sig Box?

And for the sake of the thread... Go Cards... I'm from St. Louis :rolleyes:

Go Cards...but first lose 2 more to the Dbacks. :)