• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Start with...

Should I start light?

• Yes

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
Being one who has never had a cc should I go for a light or medium? Also, what cigars would yall recommend as such? Thank ya kindly.

In my view, Cuban cigars are not powerhouse smokes. I recommend getting a sampler in a favorite vitola so you can try out several marcas.

I agree that Cuban cigars aren't necessarily strong. If you are more comfortable starting with lighter bodied cigars, here a some good examples:

El Rey Del Mundo Choix Supreme
Fonseca Cosacos
Hoyo De Monterrey Epicure No. 2
Quai D'Orsay in general
Rafael Gonzalez in general
Juan Lopez in general

This will give you a good starting point. Most all of the Cuban marcas have cigars that vary in strength/body...but I have had much stronger NC's than any Cuban I have smoked. Good luck and welcome to the slippery slope.

-Billy

I like smaller cigars, they pack more flavor and punch. Also, try to stay with gauge 46 and under, in my experience big cigars just do not have the same kick and taste as the smaller cigars. This is not true for all brands but for most. I would start with Ramon Allones small clubs, Party shorts, and Monti 5.

Cuban cigars for the most part are not as strong as their NC counterparts. However, my personal belief is that it is always best to start on the milder side and work your way up. Or get a few in each group: mild, medium, full and try each to see what profile you prefer. There were some suggestions earlier which I too find valid. The smaller cigars (smaller than petit coronas) often pack a bit of punch. It is adviseable to start with the coronas on up. I've found that Churchills are quite mild as are Double Coronas. The cigars I would recommend are the: El Rey Del Mundo Choix Supreme, Romeo y Julieta Cedros Deluxe No. 2 or No. 3, Fonseca Coascos or No. 1, Rafalel Gonzalez Petit Corona (Coronas Extra too if you can still find them), H. Upmann Magnum 48, Hoyo de Monterrey Double Corona, La Gloria Cubana Tainos, Por Larranaga Montecarlo and Petit Corona, and Quai D'Orsay Corona. Try some of these out if you would like. I would contact the retailer you are going to use and see if they can't put a sampler together for you.

I fully agree with khari and don't think Cubans are super strong. You can pretty much try the entire range without much issue.

Back