• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Starter cigars?

Cool, thanks a lot man.

I just contacted the next guy on the list for the sampler thread!

Oh and I didnt realize I could get 5 packs from CI! Im pretty happy about that, I can pick out a cigar I wanna try and get a 5er!

Do you know if the 5 packs come in wood boxes?

Gonna check out thompsons website for humidors.

the seal on that bally humidor is good then?

If you do a search you'll see Thompson's is not very well liked around here. If you are interested in a humidor I'd suggest cheaphumidors.com or perhaps cigarswag.com. I know the guys here have had much better experiences with the latter than the former.

Welcome to the hobby!

I think that feature is broken!

;)

Buy a box. Buy singles. Whatever makes you happy, but fer Christ's sakes stay away from Thompson's.

Doc.

LOL, alright, no Thompsons then!!

Thanks!

Hey grateful, didnt mean to offend you man

Hey, as someone who is currently going through this process, here is what I can offer:

Get a sampler of cigars. Don't buy cigars by the box just yet. Don't wanna spend $200 and get a box of smokes you don't like.

And don't get the CI or Thompson samplers. I personally went with NeptuneCigar. They sell A LOT of cigars as singles, so you can make your own sampler! And they have good prices as well.

As for specific brands, Padron, Fuente, Montecristo, Macanudo, etc. make a lot of mild/medium bodied cigars that are very good and reasonably priced. They also make some very strong smokes, so just pay attention to what you're getting from them!

Best of luck in your endeavor!

J rod, thanks man

I smoked a Nub connecticut today and really liked it. CI has a 10 NUB sampler for 35 bucks...

thats a sampler i wanna try since I really enjoyed the nub cigar i smoked today..

I think those samplers are a safe bet! Your right though, upon further scrutiny the big samplers have like 3 good cigars and the rest are weird ones...

grateful, thanks for the link.... i did see that, I pm'ed one of the guys, well see what happens!

And don't get the CI or Thompson samplers. I personally went with NeptuneCigar. They sell A LOT of cigars as singles, so you can make your own sampler! And they have good prices as well.
!

Best of luck in your endeavor!

I really like buying singles off Neptune Cigar as well; their single prices are their box price/# of sticks in the box. They're the only place I've ever seen that doesn't charge a singles premium.

You are in Tampa? There are so many really good shops in the area that you could hit up for some singles/fivers instead of going the CI route.

TBagz, I know thats what they tell me! I only know of 2 places though!

Tampa Humidor and Tampa Sweethearts....

Can you suggest some good places?

Thanks again!

Shoot Bagz a PM. I'm sure he wouldn't mind meeting up with you to Herf, and he can show you around some of his favorite B&Ms.

I have used Thompsons, CI, and JR to order samplers for years. They are great way to experience a wide variety of different cigars. Thompson's is generally the worse and CI the best in my opinion. I am also partial to CI since they package their cigars very well. I have never had a bad shipping experience with them, to include two years in the Iraq desert. Thompson's humidors are crap! Definitely look somewhere else for one of those. I haven't tried the sampler thread here, but have been generally happy with samplers from JR and CI. Good luck, and enjoy!

Did you like thompson cigar samplers?

They are only like 10 minutes from my house so I can stop in there after work....

Also, should I just get like a 75-100 ct humi and not a coolidor since I wont be buying boxes of cigars for a little while..??

If you live in Tampa, go directly to Tampa Sweethearts in Ybor City.
That is the Fuente Mothership in the USA. Darlene can definitely
hook you up.

I went there on vacation last spring, and it was niiice.
Of course, I'm a Fuente fanatic. I like nearly all of their lines.

AFA a humidor, get at least a 150 ct, to start. I managed to live on
150 ct. for 3 years, but then got a Vinotemp wine cooler to store boxes,
and large drawers of singles. Most guys use coolidors for boxes/mass storage.

Go with humidity beads rather than ordinary foam humidifiers. Most guys use
65% or 70% beads. Heartfelt Industries, CheaperHumidor.com and others sell
beads. Beads are the best, most low maintenance method to humidify cigars.

Chemyst :cool: