• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Starter Humidor

slip

I am currently in college and will be for the next 3 years. So i do not have space for a big humidor at all. I am looking for something around $100 dollars with a count of 100+.

I have been surfing this section for a couple hours now and have found some great information, but it seems like most of you guys are in the big leagues. Anyone know a good humidor for me to start my collection with? Anyone have an old one they would be interested in selling?

Thanks for your time guys!

www.cheaphumidors.com has imperfects(humidors that are functional but have a slight cosmetic defect) for pretty cheap and you can get over 100 counts for under $100, check those out. Also consider checking into making a coolderdor or a tuperdor they're not as snazzy but work perfectly.

Go to cigarmony.com or one of our other sponsors. Each one has exactly what you're looking for. :thumbs:

Going to second the cheaphumidors imperfect section. Got one, works perfect. Plus I don't really worry about people touching or messing with it, its in my dorm also, like I would with a brand new one.

Thanks for the quick responses! Ill look around what you guys suggested.

Welcome slip,

I would suggest you buy a 300 cigar humidor. You can get some good ones for a little over a hundred dollars. Anything less and you'll be upgrading soon as I did. I second the "imperfects" save a little money and still get a functional humidor. My imperfect "Ravello" model you can't see anything wrong unless you look close.

Bill

Coleman cooler - pick your size and color. From small "six pack" size to whatever your room will tolerate - $15-20.00
Heartfelt Beads - humidification you don't have to fiddle with. Get 1/2 a pound of beads and a sock to put 'em in. Good for up to 2.5 cu/ft. About $25.00 shipped.

You now have the best cigar storage money can buy, if not the prettiest, for under $50.00.......priceless...... :cool:

Best Regards - B.B.S.

Coleman cooler - pick your size and color. From small "six pack" size to whatever your room will tolerate - $15-20.00
Heartfelt Beads - humidification you don't have to fiddle with. Get 1/2 a pound of beads and a sock to put 'em in. Good for up to 2.5 cu/ft. About $25.00 shipped.

You now have the best cigar storage money can buy, if not the prettiest, for under $50.00.......priceless...... :cool:

Best Regards - B.B.S.
A man of wisdom! :thumbs:

Brian

If I had it to do over again, I would have started out with a cooler. The money saved on outgrowing smaller boxes will go a long ways toward stocking a cooler.

You can get a really nice humi for what you want to spend. I highly recommend southsidecigar.com. Dave is a member of CP and is great to work with. The bigger the better..... Trust me, you will fill whatever you decided to purchase really quick. Go big. Better to have more room than not enough.

Best Regards - B.B.S.

To steal a line from Smokey, I second that emotion. After going this route, you can get with Cigarmony.com and buy some singles trays.

Edited to correct spelling

IF you choose to not go the cooler route, and do want to purchase a regular humidor, let me make one friendly suggestion. Since this is going to be sitting in your dorm room, and having lived in dorms and knowing how things work, I would strongly recommend that you buy a humidor with a lock on it. This keeps your smokes from disappearing during those times that you leave your room and leave the door open. Also, when you lock it, don't leave the key hanging in the lock, it defeats the purpose. :laugh:

Best Regards - B.B.S.
A man of wisdom! :thumbs:

Brian

B.B.S.

Ok man of wisdom, here's one for you. Educate me on how to talk my wife into having a cooler of cigars sitting around the house. ??? :D

Doesn't quite go with our decor if you know what I mean. :rolleyes:

Easy, just stick the cooledor under the bed. Oh yeah and don't mention there are cigars in there.

Ok man of wisdom, here's one for you. Educate me on how to talk my wife into having a cooler of cigars sitting around the house. ??? :D

Doesn't quite go with our decor if you know what I mean. :rolleyes:
I kept mine (four) in a spare bedroom during the winter, under the house in the crawlspace for temperature reasons during the summer. If she still doesn't like the idea, show here the beautiful stuff Bob Staebell makes and tell her for $2-5K you can have something really beautiful.

Where there's a will, there's a way..... :cool:

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions everybody. I think I am going to start by getting one of the imperfect humidors from cheaphumidors.com and if (when) I need more space I can always make a coolerdor. I like the idea of having a nicer looking box for my sticks... I know it doesn't matter what the box looks like, but it will just make me feel better about my collection. Thanks again for the help.

I find the counts are always off i have never been able to keep as manny as they say so If you want to be able to fit 100 get one that hold 150-175 and if its over your budget get a medium sized cooler and you can keep hundreds of sticks. just my opinion I remember being in college and All i could afford at that time was a cooler or a 50 ct and i had both the cooler was tucked away under my bed and I had the 50ct on my desk. I used the cooler for storage and the desktop for what ill be smoking that month. my 2 cents