• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Starting to get excited...

Starburn

..about smoking my Macundo hyde park cafe (for me, it's a treat :) ) this weekend for my birthday.. been looking forward to it since last week, sod the presents & going out - lighting that cigar keeps popping into my head :D

That and a good game of snooker at the same time I think :)

Should I be worried? hehe ???

Congrats, but you just made my head spin. Sod? Are you getting some sort of turf for you birthday, a new front lawn perhaps? Snooker? I just looked it up and still don't get it. Enjoy your cigar though. :thumbs:

..about smoking my Macundo hyde park cafe (for me, it's a treat :) ) this weekend for my birthday.. been looking forward to it since last week, sod the presents & going out - lighting that cigar keeps popping into my head :D

That and a good game of snooker at the same time I think :)

Should I be worried? hehe ???

Just don't burn the felt on the table with your cigar! :laugh:

Happy Birthday, Almost!

One great thing about Macs is their consistency. If you like the taste of your Hyde Park, you should be able to find the exact same thing each time you buy one. Very smooth, and very mild.
You may eventually move on to something more robust, but Macanudo is a great place to start. Enjoy!

hehe, erm 'sod' is slang here for erm.. hard to explain.. I guess in that context I mean "forget the presents and going out".

NullSmurf: Yeah I'll have to be careful, only joined my local Snooker club last week (moved Flat recently) - don't want to get thrown out so soon! :)

hehe, erm 'sod' is slang here for erm.. hard to explain.. I guess in that context I mean "forget the presents and going out".

Lol.........those crazey Brits! :whistling: ;) :D

SOD or "Sod, a pejorative term, probably an abbreviation for sodomite. "

doglaughing.gif

one day, when i collect enough cigars, im gonna bomb this guy, he's buyin macs hyde parks for like $24, that's crazy!

It's not crazy, it's just Britain, you should see how much I pay for my favourite Bourbon whiskey too ($34 for 70cl ;) ).. but perhaps our wages are higher on average here or something? (though I doubt it).

:D .. though woo bomb, so long as it's the not-explosive kind

It's not crazy, it's just Britain, you should see how much I pay for my favourite Bourbon whiskey too ($34 for 70cl ;) ).. but perhaps our wages are higher on average here or something? (though I doubt it).

When I was in England last I noticed that the cubans were reasonably priced, well, reasonably priced compared to these crazy Canadian prices.

Actually wages in England is better but they make up for it with rent, taxes, and cost of every thing else. So in reality is it better? Thats only a question you can decide. I travel to England every time I goto the UK and Europe. I've been to the Davidoff shop in London and its worth it but at a great cost to ones wallet. :(

What whiskey you buying there? We have a number on this side of the pond at that price and higher.

one day, when i collect enough cigars, im gonna bomb this guy, he's buyin macs hyde parks for like $24, that's crazy!

Yeah I read that too, I was wondering what the shipping costs and custom procedures are for packages received from the US.

Would love to help a brother out but also wouldnt want to turn several $8-$10 cigars into a bunch of $25 cigars to ship or put a huge gift tax burden on the person receiving them either.

Gonna look into this, in the meantime, enjoy your Macanudo and have a Happy Birthday.

Yeah I read that too, I was wondering what the shipping costs and custom procedures are for packages received from the US.

Would love to help a brother out but also wouldnt want to turn several $8-$10 cigars into a bunch of $25 cigars to ship or put a huge gift tax burden on the person receiving them either.

Gonna look into this, in the meantime, enjoy your Macanudo and have a Happy Birthday.

he's afraid of the risk that the customs might open up the box and find a bunch of cigars and he'll have to pay duties/taxes on each of them, which will tear him a new asshole or 2

They will usually go off the value printed on the package, customs don't know the "actual" value of cigars I don't think (they couldn't really, as who knows if the person sending it as a "gift" has bought them in mass and so, cheap).

I've imported DVDS from the US before that Amazon marked as gifts and were about $30, I didn't get any charges that time - I think they only sometimes bother.

Anyway, thanks for all the happy birthday wishes :D

AVB : At the moment Bullit Bourbon, or Jack Daniels if I can't get hold of the former. I think my point was that 70% of any alcohol price in the uk is actually tax.. :eek: !

Actually wages in England is better but they make up for it with rent, taxes, and cost of every thing else. So in reality is it better? Thats only a question you can decide. I travel to England every time I goto the UK and Europe. I've been to the Davidoff shop in London and its worth it but at a great cost to ones wallet. :(

Minimum wage in the UK is $7.50/hr at the moment afaik and is what my fiance earns. I'm on my year out in industry at the moment and they pay me $32,146/year but out of this in NI and tax I pay $6,980/year and my rent is $9,636/year (for a very small studio flat [no bedrooms]) ... :) (then there is council tax [$1,512], water, electricty, tv licence, gas etc. etc. :s ).. ah well that's life I guess :)

edit: Forgot to mention, I actually finish this placement next Friday at which point I have to switch back to living on student loans ($7,500/year) - myself and the missus are already in a joint-debt of about $52-53,000 - the trouble with being a student! :)

I should really stop moaning, I apologise guys.. it's just nice to vent sometimes :)

"Cor Blimey" Starburn!
"Fook About", your taxes are high. "Sod" the duty, "Chew the Fat" with the "Julius Caesar's" in Europe, order direct and ask them to devalue the package, you will save a lot of "Bangers and Mash" and pretty soon you will be smoking a cool "La-Di-Da" . Who knows maybe a Churchill will be just around the "Jackie Horner". Get a nice "Bag of Fruit" when the "La-Di-Da's" arrive to look the part, make a good ol American "Sticky Toffee" to enjoy with the "La-Di-Da" and have a premium "Laugh and a Joke" for a change.

Pity it's not soccer season so you can watch the "Liza Minnelli" while you have the "Laugh and a Joke" and enjoy all the "Camilla Parker-Bowles" that Manchester United score.

Brian

Um.. wha?

I'm from Manchester not London.. we don't speak cockney rhyming slang here :p :rolleyes:

:D. Also, I don't watch "soccer" (football ;) ).. strange I know it doesn't go down well with the blokes, but the missus likes it :)..

but er cheers for the support! :)