• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Still in Business

cajunblaze

I run a small dealership in Louisiana that sells Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler, and Chevrolet.

Thursday, we received the letter from Crysler, via UPS, that we will be part of the new Chrysler.

Friday, we did not received the dear John letter from GM, it was also confirmed that we would not be a dealer cut from GM.

Sad to say, we have several dealerships in our area that are losing their dealerships, some very good friends!

I hope other BOTL's that work or own dealerships made it through ok.

Now time to smoke one of those BBMF!!!

Rich

Good news!

It will be tough for GM/Chrysler to maintain their pricing with so many dealerships being closed though won't it?

Good news!

It will be tough for GM/Chrysler to maintain their pricing with so many dealerships being closed though won't it?

Most of the dealerships closing we're probably on the brink of closing anyway. Some were under capitalized, others were selling less that 50 units yearly. The GM dealers for the most part had another point to rely on.

Congrats on surviving thus far! :)

I agree Rich, that this is a suitable occasion for a smoke like the BBMF. Enjoy, my friend!

Congrats Rich! Glad to hear the good news for ya! Shame I'm not closer cuz I need a new car! :D

10+ years in the car business here.

Congratulations on making it, definitely time for the BBMF!

Hopefully things will upturn and you can get some inexpensive inventory out of this. Way to hang in there.

My wife works for a Dealership which includes Chrysler and it looks like they will be spared. In fact she mentioned they might be adding a line. Not sure if this has to do with others closing or not. Its been tough without the closings as car sales have been down. You just wonder if you might have a job the next day. My thoughts are with those who are being affected by this.

Damon

My wife works for a Dealership which includes Chrysler and it looks like they will be spared. In fact she mentioned they might be adding a line. Not sure if this has to do with others closing or not. Its been tough without the closings as car sales have been down. You just wonder if you might have a job the next day. My thoughts are with those who are being affected by this.

Damon

It is my understanding that as part of remaining a Chrysler LLC dealer, you will (have to) pick up the other franchises (Dodge/Jeep) in your market if that specific marque lacks representation. In the near future, all dealers will have Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge under the same roof.

Damon

It is my understanding that as part of remaining a Chrysler LLC dealer, you will (have to) pick up the other franchises (Dodge/Jeep) in your market if that specific marque lacks representation. In the near future, all dealers will have Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge under the same roof.

That is exactly the rumor that it will be Dodge Jeep but i didnt want to say something that wasn't true. Good news for them but bad for others.

Damon

That is exactly the rumor that it will be Dodge Jeep but i didnt want to say something that wasn't true. Good news for them but bad for others.

It is called the Genesis project and it's been around for a while.

The Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge dealer down the road from us, was given the dreaded letter. I offered to buy half of their inventory on the 9th. After that date they can still sell the cars but will not get paid the incentives,nice way to treat a dealer that you have been doing business with for 68 years.

Rich

Rich,

You are a good man charlie Brown, and I am so glad to hear your place is going to be around.

Seems as though some of your frinds down there are not so lucky and my thoughts will be with them.

As I said in one of your past threads, coming from a guy who works in Flint, MI and sees it every single day, I really feel for people in the auto industry.

Damon

The Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge dealer down the road from us, was given the dreaded letter. I offered to buy half of their inventory on the 9th. After that date they can still sell the cars but will not get paid the incentives,nice way to treat a dealer that you have been doing business with for 68 years.

Rich

Correct, but you mean to tell me that EVERY dealer who is getting cut ISN'T going to punch those cars on the 8th? I just don't believe that for one second. Not sure if Chrysler has stair-step incentives, but if they do, I expect to see a RECORD month in Chrylser 'sales' as dealers will submit those RDRs on May 31st.

Damon

Rich

Correct, but you mean to tell me that EVERY dealer who is getting cut ISN'T going to punch those cars on the 8th? I just don't believe that for one second. Not sure if Chrysler has stair-step incentives, but if they do, I expect to see a RECORD month in Chrylser 'sales' as dealers will submit those RDRs on May 31st.

They can't "punch" those cars sold and not pay for them. They would be out of trust, not that it matters much to them, but if the have another franchise they will lose their floorplan. It does take awhile to get paid your incentives, and if any funny reporting is suspected I am sure they will delay any payment. If you report a car sold you have to pay it off on your floorplan. I am sure the auditors will be watching each of those dealers very carefully.

Chrysler does not have any type of stairstep program.

The only inventory problem I see so far is that these dealers have alot of 08 still on the lot. I don't think any dealers would want to take those. The dealers closing have a chance to get out of their inventory and not losing anything.