• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Still in Business

I don't understand how cutting out dealerships will help the manufactures. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought dealers were independent franchises? You own the inventory on the lot, you own the building, you pay the employees.

When I buy a car my number one concern is the dealership. In essence you're buying into that dealership when you buy a car, whenever you have a problem you will depend on that dealership to make it right. If my local dealership is an asshat I would just go to the next town.

I just can't wrap my head around how this will save them money.

Well, some manufacturers (floorplan companies, like KB) don't necessarily correlate that. Also, are these dealers who are getting cut also having their floorplans revoked? I think that would matter very much.

Well, some manufacturers (floorplan companies, like KB) don't necessarily correlate that. Also, are these dealers who are getting cut also having their floorplans revoked? I think that would matter very much.

That's funny you should mention that, almost every dealer on the list for Chrysler in Louisiana was not floor planned with Chrysler, except for those who went out of business before the list came out. We had three dealers on the list that had gone out of business or was out of trust months before.

Rich