• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Still love those Gators!

gatorsmg

Here Fishy, Fishy
I assume just about every college football fan in the country knows the results of last nights Florida vs. Miami game. Miami won it in the last few minutes 38 - 33 :( Like a good Gator fan I watched every second. We had the mandatory beer and wings and did lots of cheering and swearing at those no good @*&!#^$ Canes and those stupid @$#^%&! coaches that lost the game for us!
Oops, sorry flash back :sign:

The Gators did a fantastic job against the Canes and it looks like it's going to be a good season for us. I hold head coach Ron Zook and his offensive staff responsible for last nights loss. Ingle Martin was our starting QB and was doing a good job...we were on our way to a win. They decided to pull Martin and play Chris Leach (the #1 highschool recruit in the nation) who has no experience for this kind of game. He was not doing very well but the coaches let him play for a long time, allowing the Canes to make up for lost ground. WRONG GAME TO GIVE NEW QBs EXPERIENCE! Then instead of going back to Martin they switched to our 3rd string QB...What the Hell! Our team looks great and would have won that game with the momentum they had going. BAD COACHING DECISIONS lost that game. If I were a player I would be pissed that the coaches didn't let us "do our thing" when we were doing it well. I'm not saying we should tar and feather some coaches, I just wanted to vent my frustrations after coming so close. Hopefully this is all part of the learning process on the way to greatness! :D

GO GATORS !!

gatorsmg said:
I assume just about every college football fan in the country knows the results of last nights Florida vs. Miami game. Miami won it in the last few minutes 38 - 33 :( Like a good Gator fan I wtched every second. We had the mandatory beer and wings and did lots of cheering and swearing at those no good @*&!#^$ Canes and those stupid @$#^%&! coaches that lost the game for us!
Oops, sorry flash back :sign:

The Gators did a fantastic job against the Canes and it looks like it's going to be a good season for us. I hold head coach Ron Zook and his offensive staff responsible for last nights loss. Ingle Martin was our starting QB and was doing a good job...we were on our way to a win. They decided to pull Martin and play Chris Leach (the #1 highschool recruit in the nation) who has no experience for this kind of game. He was not doing very well but the coaches let him play for a long time, allowing the Canes to make up for lost ground. WRONG GAME TO GIVE NEW QB's EXPERIENCE! Then instead of going back to Martin they switched to our 3rd string QB...What the Hell! Our team looks great and would have won that game with the momentum they had going. BAD COACHING DECISIONS lost that game. If I were a player I would be pissed that the coaches didn't let us "do our thing" when we were doing it well. I'm not saying we should tar and feather some coaches, I just wanted to vent my frustrations after coming so close. Hopefully this is all part of the learning process on the way to greatness! :D

GO GATORS !!
I agree...we had the game won and gave it away. The Gators looked real impressive though.

Emo

Glad you're dissatisfied with Ron Zook. Please fire him and send him back to New Orleans. He was the best DC we ever had.

I've still got mixed feelings about keeping Ron Zook as our head coach. I think all of us Gator fans should give him this season to improve his program before we decide we don't like him. I don't think that we have an all out bad coaching staff. It just seems that they should be smarter offensively especially considering that our offense has been our focus for the past twelve years with Spurier. O.K. so I guess it's not fair to compare every coach to the Gator favorite (Spurier) but we can't help it.One thing is certain....no matter who's playing for the Gators or who's coaching them, Gator fans will always be supportive and cheer our asses off because we're the best damn fans in college football :D :D

Although I've been a little negative about our new coaching staff I say now is the time we show them our most support.

GO GATORS !!

Of course there are those that are not as patient and want to get back to having a perrineal top 10 team NOW. For them there is: Fire Ron Zook.com

ARGHHHHHHHHHH!

Honestly, my expectations of Florida's chances of beating Miami weren't too good to begin with BUT when the Gators just about had them put away, it KILLS me to lose like that.

Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to see the game but losing those close ones hurts.

The schedule is real rough this year so if we can pull off a few upsets (Tenn GA, FSU, LSU) that'll be fine by me. I'd hate to lose all four of those.

There is a difference, though, in the Gators and my team, The Ohio State Buckeyes, and that is the fact that we beat the 'Canes.

ALostTexan

...knowing that a comment like this always opens a can of worms...

And I will be forever indebted to you ALostTexan for just that!!

I like the 'Canes probably just about as much as you like the Wolverines.

Also, don't look for me to be getting involved with any Seminole booster groups here in the north, right gatorsmg?

Absolutely Cat!

There are three major rules that all Gator fans MUST follow:

1: ALWAYS root for the Gators. GO GATORS!!

2: Always root for the team that benefits the Gators the most in a game the
Gators are not playing in. (BCS standing)

3: NEVER root for the Seminoles.

*I was secretly wanting the Noles to beat Miami last year (shh...don't tell anyone ;) ) because someone needed to knock them on their asses. Thanks Ohio State :thumbs:

IF YOUR NOT A GATOR YOUR GATOR BAIT!

GO GATORS !!

By the way...

I guess I was a little too hard in putting the blame on the coaches for our loss Saturday. I found out yesterday that Ingle Martin was pulled because of a concussion. So I guess it wasn't bad coaching that lead to us using our 2nd and 3rd string quarterbacks, it was injury.

Sorry Gator coaching staff, I'll support ALL Gators all the way!

gatorsmg said:

I like that. Thats good.

Wait a second guys. I hate the Sooners just as much as any of you hate the Seminoles, but I'll root for the Sooners absolutly any time they play out of conference no matter how dirty and disgusting it feels at the time. A couple showers later and all is good again. I like having a strong conference, (did anyone notice only 3 of the top 10 are from big 12 at the moment, the Huskers and Buffs need to pick up the pace a little :D ) The problem is all three major Florida teams are each in a different conference. If you shared a conference perhaps there would be a little more unity once in a blue moon.

Now for the bad news. My brothers girlfriend is a recent transplant from Florida and is a huge noles fan (she likes them a lot, not huge in the sence of a being over weight in any way :p ). She has me taping every game I can get this year in the hopes of getting the whole season. You don't even know how many orange bowls I spent cussing the living daylights out of these guys, but in the interest of family harmony I am volutarily rooting them on (at least until my cats kick there buts in the championship game). So come on guys, its not that bad.

Well perhaps it is.

gatorsmg said:
Absolutely Cat!

There are three major rules that all Gator fans MUST follow:

1: ALWAYS root for the Gators. GO GATORS!!

2: Always root for the team that benefits the Gators the most in a game the
Gators are not playing in. (BCS standing)

3: NEVER root for the Seminoles.

*I was secretly wanting the Noles to beat Miami last year (shh...don't tell anyone ;) ) because someone needed to knock them on their asses. Thanks Ohio State :thumbs:

GO GATORS !!
4. Alway cheer for WISCONSIN.
and the football god that looiks over the Badgers.

:D

:thumbs:

Badgers? We don't root for no stinking Badgers!!!

ALostTexan
...totally dreading that damn trip on Oct 11...

Well sir-smokes-a-lot, a good friend of mine went to Wisconsin and I pull for them is basketball but football? If I remember correctly, they're not too competitive in the Big Ten are they?

My favorite NFL team (even though I'm more of a college footbal fan) is the Pack so hopefully you won't be too ticked at my my last comment.

It was a tough day at the office when my boss (who has season tickets for the Patriots) had to face me at work when the Packers beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl a few years back. Needless to say I kept my gloating to a minumum.

ALostTexan, October 11th??? I'm more worried about your trip on November 22nd :0 :0 and BTW what the HECK happened in Columbus with SDSU???

Yes you did in true OSU fashion, a leeeeeetle too close for comfort BUT a WIN.

Good for you!!

There has definitely been a shift in control of the top ten of college football over the past couple seasons. Although I'm a little biased, I think the SEC is the strongest overall conference. Until recently the SEC usually accounted for more than their fair share of the top ten. Teams like Tennessee, Georgia, Florida and even Alabama and Auburn often find them selves finishing seasons at the top of the polls. Then the SEC has teams like LSU and Kentucky which aren't really bowl contenders but should not be ignored. Hopefully the SEC will come out of the slump soon ??? . Georgia did great last season and will probably be a force to be feared this season as well. Tennessee and Florida are looking better this year than they did last year :) but the rebuilding will probably take another season.

AND AS ALWAYS......

GO GATORS !!

Trust me, Coventrycat, there are a ton of college teams that with they would have squeaked out a win last weekend, no matter how ugly it was.

ALostTexan

Wait a sec.....LSU isn't a bowl contender? They're 11th in the country and are predicted to play Georgia for the SEC championship. :angry: Now I remember why I don't like the Gators.

Trust me, Coventrycat, there are a ton of college teams that with they would have squeaked out a win last weekend, no matter how ugly it was.

ALostTexan

Well I think you meant that a lot of college teams "wished that they would have squeaked...", it took me a while to decipher it.......

so YES like I wished the Gators beat the 'Canes and the Nittany Lions didn't lose to BC so you've got a great point.

A win is a win but only problem with those wins is you fall in the polls, like from 2nd to 3rd.

Just make sure you win on Nov 22, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE?