• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

StogieNotes

Guitar_Gatler

The Dude
Well, I don't know if any of you guys have ever been on stogienotes.com but I created it a while back for my own use. I haven't really had time or energy to put towards making it better...or even use it for the past couple of months. If anyone is interested I'm willing to let them take over ownership of the site. It's all in PHP/MySQL and kind of sloppy code, but hey...it's a fun project. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Well, I don't know if any of you guys have ever been on stogienotes.com but I created it a while back for my own use. I haven't really had time or energy to put towards making it better...or even use it for the past couple of months. If anyone is interested I'm willing to let them take over ownership of the site. It's all in PHP/MySQL and kind of sloppy code, but hey...it's a fun project. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Would we need our own webserver to run it?

Would we need our own webserver to run it?

Not at the moment. The domain name registration runs out in December, at that point whoever wants to take it over can pay for the renewal and host it themselves.

This was made for you Greg!!!

Guitar_Gatler: Sorry that you didn't have the time to keep up with the site but it's awesome that you're willing to pass it on to someone!

I'm definitely interested, however don't know the first thing about it! Brother Luke is definitely a huge help.

Certainly sounds interesting, but time consuming. Unfortunately, I can't code.

We want Greg!! This would be a great way to start composing your Cigar Reviews into an Online Book! :thumbs: :love:

I'm quite familiar with PHP and MySQL if anyone wants assistance after picking this up. I don't have time to code a lot, but I can offer help if you're willing to learn. ;)

-John

I'm quite familiar with PHP and MySQL if anyone wants assistance after picking this up. I don't have time to code a lot, but I can offer help if you're willing to learn. ;)

-John

I'm gonna need all the help I can get. :laugh: :blush:

If you don't know PHP, I'd recommend against it unless you really want to learn it. You can use a CMS system like Joomla or MODx to set up something similar, but in a templated way.

If you don't know PHP, I'd recommend against it unless you really want to learn it. You can use a CMS system like Joomla or MODx to set up something similar, but in a templated way.

I know basically nothing, however I'm very interested in learning. With guidance and a lot of work on my part, I may be able to get the hang of it. If not, I guess it'll be plan B (whatever that is). :D :blush:

I know basically nothing, however I'm very interested in learning. With guidance and a lot of work on my part, I may be able to get the hang of it. If not, I guess it'll be plan B (whatever that is). :D :blush:

You know you won't have time to actually smoke a cigar if you do this, right? ??? :p

You know you won't have time to actually smoke a cigar if you do this, right? ??? :p

I....am....completely lost with it anyways. I have no idea what I'm doing. I may just take Andrew's advice.