• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Storage question

bugg4672

Over the years I have bought bundle after bundle, I have placed these bundles in trays on one of my shelves. Now I have decided to put some of these cigars away and put other (more frequently smoked cigars) in the trays. The ones I'm putting in storage on anther shelf will not be touched for maybe another year or so. My question is should I put them in zip lock bags, use a giant paper band and bundle them up and store them, my guy at my local B&M has about 30 of the decorative boxes (not wood, but paper wrapped wood ones) he will let me have for free. The only problem with that is I'll have to make labels for the boxes, since what the box says is not what will be in it. So with that said what are some suggestions?

I use bovedas and large gasketed food containers. Some containers are large enough to accept a couple of boxes. I like the cedar, so I'll try to use that type, if possible. Also adds a bit of a buffer. Open the container occasionally for air exchange. If you do use boxes that have been sitting outside a humidor, you should season them first.

I use bovedas and large gasketed food containers. Some containers are large enough to accept a couple of boxes. I like the cedar, so I'll try to use that type, if possible. Also adds a bit of a buffer. Open the container occasionally for air exchange. If you do use boxes that have been sitting outside a humidor, you should season them first.

Check your mail box the eagle landed today I think.

When I started I used Tupperware lined with cedar separators and bovidas humi pack. I stored them in the coolerdor which worked just fine until I grew out of it.

I would avoid a rubber band, etc. I would think the pressure on them to be harmful...

I'm assuming your just trying to figure out how to store the bundle inside of your humidor, not looking to store them seperate within a coolidor, etc.?

I like storing in boxes
Anything not in a box, I put in cigar bags to keep them from being beaten up...

I would avoid a rubber band, etc. I would think the pressure on them to be harmful...

I'm assuming your just trying to figure out how to store the bundle inside of your humidor, not looking to store them seperate within a coolidor, etc.?

I like storing in boxes
Anything not in a box, I put in cigar bags to keep them from being beaten up...

Right, not a coolidor. I went to my local B&M and my buddy that owns it gave me some free cigar boxes that he emptied. I placed my bundles in them can made a label with my label maker to identify what was inside.

made a label with my label maker to identify what was inside.
Be careful with markers, Some of the permanent type stay volatile for a while and odors/flavors will get absorbed by the tobacco.

I have a Brother label maker that prints out little laser jet labels. I think it should be safe.