• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Storing Boxes Of Gars...

gahau

Banned
Here goes,
Let say that you purchase 2 boxes of you favorite smoke, the ones that you like, the ones that your wallet call out "Outch" once you pass the register... You realllllly like'm wanna store them, and slowly enjoy them =)
Well once you get home... You get really exited, and of course you will inevitably open at least on box to smoke'm but with your current state of excitement you also wanna open the second box just to look at them and check them out...
Here is the actual question, the second box is intended to be aged and savored later on like a year of so maybe 2. So would you take off the celo from the box to look at your smoke? does the cigar benefit from the celo around the box? (those stogies don't have individual celo per stick, should I just leave the wrapper from that pretty box and forget about them? =)

I just wanna look at them... :blush:

Thanks guys

Your not going to harm anything by opening up the box. If you want to take a look, go for it. If keeping it in cello will keep you from opening it up to early, then keep it shut :)

I always open them before putting them away. IMO the only reason to keep them sealed is if you plan on reselling them someday as an unopened box. YMMV.

Did you just ask the longest and most round about version of the celo on/celo off? :laugh:

Dude, relax and enjoy your cigars. That's what they are for.

I'd open it. You never know, something may be horribly wrong in there...

Okok guys i will open it lol
Now that I think of it its kinda like the celo on and off Q

LOL

I agree with everyone else. I always open 'em up just because I like to look at those beauties. I also like to stick my nose in there and take a whiff! Wait... We are talking about cigars right?

Ok, so now you have to tell us what you bought.

Yes, I am curious.

Yeah, definitely check them out, you wouldn't want to find out 2 years later that they are beetle infested, or exploded because of a construction problem...

As for cello on or off... Personal preference. It has also been discussed countless times before. There is really not much difference. I'd leave them on to protect your smokes if you move or the box gets jossled around. That's just me.

Just got 2 boxes of padron 1926 #9 :)
They don't have celo...

Good smokes. One of my favorites. I misinterpreted your question. I'd take the cello off of the box and inspect them. Individual cigars I usually leave in their cellophane... TGIF!

Thank God It's Friday.

My brain is moosh after a long week. Things are only going to get worse in the weeks to come. I'm down one full time employee and about to be down a second. The saddest part is that I can't replace them, so being a salaried worker, I get to pick up a ton of unpaid overtime... This is actually my last weekend off for the next couple of months. Time to relax and enjoy some good smokes! Hope you enjoy yours!

Q-the-cop,

Just when I think I am beginning to know you, you come up with an off the wall remark that is indeed CHOICE.

Love it, need a good chuckle.

Thanks guys for the info =)
I broke down and did open them...
Ahhhhh open box of gars smells the best the first time you open then =)

I open all boxes and inspect, before putting in the humi. It's habit really, but I also enjoy looking at them, for some reason.

Did you just ask the longest and most round about version of the celo on/celo off?
laugh.gif

That's exactly what I thought after reading this
biggrin.gif

I don't recall Padron boxes having cello on the outside. If they were shrink wrapped by someone, yes take it off.

[twitter]Gonnagal[/twitter]Come to think of it I have a couple boxes that I haven't looked at either. I'm going to do that today since I want to have one of them. As far as the cello on the actual box, I will take that off I think it lets the box and cigars inside breath a little better in the humidor.