• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Storing cubans with non-cubans?

El Guapo

Is it ill advised to store cubans in the same humidor as non-cubans? Should I have a "cuban only" humidor?

Nope. Some prefer Cuban cigars at a lower RH to non-Cubans, but not me.

Cool, thanks for the advice. I guess my concern was that the non-cubans might taint the pure cuban taste of the cubans by storing them together.

Cool, thanks for the advice. I guess my concern was that the non-cubans might taint the pure cuban taste of the cubans by storing them together.

Good call. If it's a strong Cuban (ie: one with a lot of weed) the taste may taint that of non-Cubans.

You might find CCs smoke better with a lesser Rh. I have 2 humis, one is about 65% one is 70% and I keep the CCs in the 65% one as any higher than that and them seem 'wet' whereas if I keep my NCs to far below 70% they seem 'dry' to me.

As with hookers...YMMV.

Edit - To make it HILARIOUS!

You might find CCs smoke better with a lesser Rh. I have 2 humis, one is about 65% one is 70% and I keep the CCs in the 65% one as any higher than that and them seem 'wet' whereas if I keep my NCs to far below 70% they seem 'dry' to me.

As with hookers...YMMV.

OK, great advice there, thanks. Ya know, I have been smoking off and on for over 6 years now (never really gotten into smoking cubans or the online forum thing until now) and I guess I'm kind of old fashioned. I never pay attention to my hygrometer, shoot, I don't even calibrate the thing. I know how I like my stogies just by feeling them. If they're a little soft I just open the lid to my humidor and let them air out a bit. If they're dry I just add a bit more juice. I guess after doing it this way for so long you just kind of get a knack for it. Is there many people around here that store their sticks this way?

As with hookers...YMMV.

OK, great advice there, thanks. Ya know, I have been smoking off and on for over 6 years now (never really gotten into smoking cubans or the online forum thing until now) and I guess I'm kind of old fashioned. I never pay attention to my hygrometer, shoot, I don't even calibrate the thing. I know how I like my stogies just by feeling them. If they're a little soft I just open the lid to my humidor and let them air out a bit. If they're dry I just add a bit more juice. I guess after doing it this way for so long you just kind of get a knack for it. Is there many people around here that store their sticks this way?

Haha, most of the people here come under the heading of "anal-retentive" when dealing with humidity. If it works for you, cheers.

The only thing you really should not store together are flavored cigars. I also believe the RH differences are necessary, not only is taste the concern, but many of the non-cuban wrappers become frail at lower RH.

The only thing you really should not store together are flavored cigars. I also believe the RH differences are necessary, not only is taste the concern, but many of the non-cuban wrappers become frail at lower RH.
Well no worries with flavored cigars. I don't stock that crap, lol.

There will be anarchy. They'll never get along together.

Seriously, agree with what was already stated. Other than potentially wanting different humidities (NCs higher), I wouldn't worry about marrying of flavors.

As with hookers...YMMV.

[/quote]

Haha, most of the people here come under the heading of "anal-retentive" when dealing with humidity. If it works for you, cheers.
[/quote]

So is this a thread about ISOM's or big plans for this weekend?
:sign:

Don't store 'em, smoke 'em....then you won't have to worry about it.
Hahaha. Ya know, that's probably exactly whats going to happen, lol. I have always wanted to let them age for a nice long while, but they usually never last more than a few months. I have been wanting to get a box of Boli RC's, but from what I hear they need to age for quite sometime until they really start to shine. I don't think I can be that patient.

As with hookers...YMMV.

It sounds like someone has something else on their mind other than ISOM's, lol. Sounds like that would be one hell of a weekend! :laugh:

As with hookers...YMMV.

It sounds like someone has something else on their mind other than ISOM's, lol. Sounds like that would be one hell of a weekend! :laugh:

Well, as I said, as long as things don't get too wet, it should be good. :cool:

This reminds me of the Seinfeld episode, where Kramer keeps cubans in his apartment:

Jerry: Yes?
Cuban Man: Jerry Seinfeld?
Jerry: Yeah. Oh, you must be Kramer's guys. So, you got the cigars?
Cuban Man: What cigars?
Jerry: Kramer told me I was supposed to pick up some Cubans.
Cuban Man: Yes. We are the Cubans.

I think about that almost every time some asks about cubans...just don't get the DMs they'll roll 'em too tight.

Putting Cubans in the same humidor with non Cubans will cause visceral political discussion and overload the best Vinotemp.